Peaty's stuff, good? or overpriced gaudy stuff for....

rzr

Sep 26, 2022
bcn
...for Brits and other Peaty's fans ? :)

I read some reviews about sealant, expensive and behind other brands,
so for now I stick to Stan's.

What about other stuff? lubes?
I bought all-weather lube (was in a shop close to my place), smells mint, ok, but applicator/nozzle makes it difficult to apply, it leaks a lot of oil...
but maybe it's by design, so you'll finish it faster and buy another one...

WDYT ?

Andy__C

Apr 11, 2020
South Wales
I've tried:

Bike Wash - Neither impressed or disappointed. It's "ok" - there are better value and performing ways to wash your bike. Any PH neautral (not to affect grease) car wash will do the same at better value.

Drive Train Wash - Disappointing. Really was not the spray and rinse its made out to be.... was not economical to apply and I went through the bottle very swiftly. Quickly moved back to Fenwicks.

Wet Weather Lube and Dry Lube - I really rate both and have repurchased several times. They last a few rides/washes.... they don't collect debris like Muc-off.... and keep the drivetrain quieter. Will keep purchasing.

BaconStripAid

Aug 24, 2023
England
I have to say I've been happy with most of my products from Peatys.

Their new sealant I find way better than stans, mucoff,orange etc. Their older formula wasn't great but their new biofibre one is top of the pack.

Their loamfoam is good, I trust it.

Lubes all are great, I run the all weather mostly. Great it both cleans and lubes your chain and doesnt gunk up. You have to use it a couple of times on an old chain as it does turn black on first application, that's just it cleaning inside the links, but runs flawlessly.

Degreaser I find very good

Disc brake cleaner and their silicon spray is okay, nothing different to the rest

Wrap, just picked up their new Hold fast tool wrap. I really like this. No longer carry around a backpack which riding and it feels great. Impressive how secure it is

Cant fault them and they all seem very eco friendly which cant be said about most brands

Mik3F

Sep 23, 2023
Middleton
I have no issues with any of the Peaty Products

Currently use

Divetrain Degreaser - the foaming variety, works really well for me
PT17 - Again, no issues, use it pretty frequently on the hock linkages, dropper cable etc
Protect and Shine - Not used it much as mainly got it for the stanchons, but hve changed to WPL now

Assembly and Speed Grease

Sealant - No issues with this, been using for almost a year now, so far not had a puncture that it hasn't sealed

Drivetrain Brush, - probably the best brush I have used for cleaning the cassette and chain I have used

Toolwrap containing the tubless repair tool and the co2 inflator

So needless to say I quite like the Peaty's Products

Bndit

Jul 14, 2022
Finland
...for Brits and other Peaty's fans ? :)

I read some reviews about sealant, expensive and behind other brands,
so for now I stick to Stan's.

What about other stuff? lubes?
I bought all-weather lube (was in a shop close to my place), smells mint, ok, but applicator/nozzle makes it difficult to apply, it leaks a lot of oil...
but maybe it's by design, so you'll finish it faster and buy another one...

WDYT ?
I think the Peaty`s allweather lube is best lube there is, and easy to apply also.

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
Used the sealant, no complaints, does what it says on the tin.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles