Peartune Issues - Shimano

Interpaul

Jun 18, 2018
Edinburgh
I fitted a Peartune to my Devinci, initially no issues but today power kept cutting out and I got an WO11 error.

I removed it on the trail side and all was fine.

Anyone else has this problem and what did you do to solve?

Cheers

Last edited:

Kernow

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
I fitted a Peartune to my Devinci, initially no issues but today power kept cutting out and I got an WO11 error.

I removed it on the trail side and all was fine.

Anyone else has this problem and what did you do to solve?

Cheers
Was it cutting out in all gears or just the lowest gear .? 1st gear

Presume it’s a shimano motor , if so the conector that replaces the speed sensor in the top of the motor doesn’t have the little slot on it so dirt can get in there . You will probably find cleaning that conector hole out and sealing it with grease or silicone will sort the problem .

Interpaul

Jun 18, 2018
Edinburgh
Thanks, yes it's Shimano, put that in title of post but should have repeated. Ok I will try sealing with grease, is there a specific type I should use for electrics?

I have silkolene grease I use for my motos but not sure that is what is needed?

Kernow

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
Silicone or a dielectric grease is what I used until I was happy with the set up , but I think most grease would do the job smeared over the top , just don’t use any of the metal containing greases like copper grease
I then sealed the conectors with silicone bathroom sealant , which having just had it all apart Iam not sure I like due to the difficulty cleaning up the conector holes .

Let us know if it was just dirt in the conectors ?

Interpaul

Jun 18, 2018
Edinburgh
Been busy riding every weekend so not had time to deal with this. I ordered some dielectric grease from Amazon today so will give that a go next week.

I have been riding the bike without the Peartune, I do miss it though and find the 25kph cutout frustrating.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles