Pairing Decoy with Garmin GPS

Punisher

Nov 12, 2019
Fr
Do somebody success to pair Garmin GPS with Decoy?
Decoy bluetooth looks like shutdown before my Garmin is able to detect it :(

lamomie

Jul 3, 2019
France
the garmin and the decoy communicate via the ant private protocol, if you have an edge 530,830,1030, you do a sensor search on the edge and it will connect directly to the bike, and in a profile, you add the parameter shimano steps 8000 which will show you all the bike data

Sapientiea

Jul 12, 2019
Netherlands
I do not think the edge 520 will work. At least my wifes is not detecting the e-bike. Hopefully Garmin will fix that...(yeah I know..)

Sapientiea

Jul 12, 2019
Netherlands
Yeah, if you know, you know ;)

Want to by a 530?

No thanks, no need for another Garmin GPS, already have five. BTW I use my Edge explore to see what is the actual battery status of my wifes bike when we are biking. It is not a big problem, I just like it when I can connect stuff....my wife does not care :p

YokoOno

May 5, 2020
Colorado
Super psyched to find this thread. My Edge 830 paired seamlessly. I dig the ability to see "distance to empty" and the percentage of boost being provided. Very cool.

Hopefully I don't crash from looking too much

rb.

Apr 27, 2020
San Jose, usa
Mark’s app works with my new Vivoactive watch. Hated not being able to see exact battery percentage of my bike.
49B696FB-D5E9-4151-B212-02AD8B19D491.jpeg

rb.

Apr 27, 2020
San Jose, usa
Is "Mark's app"available on the Garmin IQ Store?
Yes. There is a big thread on these forums about it. I think it’s under the shimano section, but can’t remember.
Just search “shimano” on the garmin App Store and it should pop up if your device is compatible. Not all garmin watches are for some reason.

Edit: Also the creator of the app uses these forums, so I’m sure he can help answer questions.

Edit edit: Here is the thread: Garmin watch data field for Shimano STEPS EMTBs - EMTB Forums

YokoOno

May 5, 2020
Colorado
Garmin Edge 830 pairs directly to Shimano. It's simple, works well and provides very useful info. No adapter needed.

My understanding is that Wahoo does not pair directly, but I do not know for sure.

Armeniandave

Sep 10, 2018
San Diego, California
Does anyone have a picture of the display on the Garmin,
preferably a 530, showing the fields? I'm mostly getting
it because it's hard to see the small display with my eyes
and the Garmin looks much bigger font wise. Thank you in
advance!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles