Overshoes ??

Steve33

Nov 17, 2020
Kendal, UK
Getting a little fed up at having wet, cold feet lately, I know its all part of the fun. But wondered if anybody used overshoes with flat pedal shoes. Thinking it might delay the wet, cold feet a little. Don't know if you can get such a think, as most I have found so far are for cleats. Have seen toe covers, which might be an option.

Tooks

Subscriber
Mar 29, 2020
Lincs UK
I use them, but then I use SPDs as well.

They’d still work with flats, but the pedal pins would chew through the fabric quickly I’d think.

That said, they’re cheap enough to run a couple of pairs through a winter, and help prolong the life of whatever shoes/boots you’re using as well.

Pigin

Jul 7, 2020
Saddleworth
Have a look at the Endura MT500. They are designed for flats.

Ive decided to just wear some Goretex walking boots.

Steve33

Nov 17, 2020
Kendal, UK
Thanks, looked at the endura version ll look ok, think will give them a try and see what they like, bound to be dry now ???

EebStrider

Apr 18, 2020
Surrey, UK
I’ve spent a lot of time researching this. The Endura MT500 II are out of stock everywhere, but I managed to get a pair. They’re a massive pain in the arse to get on and off, so I went with the Grip Grab covers, and they’re brilliant. They’re cheaper than the Endura, LOADS easier to get on and off, and work well with my five tens. Plus, after a long muddy ride, my shoes stay completely clean, and a quick rinse in a bucket of cold water, and the GG’s are clean again.

Steve33

Nov 17, 2020
Kendal, UK
Have found some online and in the sale

Which version of grip grabs have you got

Think I might need to see how easy the endura are to get on when they come.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles