Ouch at Llandegla

Hobo Mikey

E*POWAH Elite
Subscriber
May 22, 2020
Where ever
Update.
its now been eight months since my fall. My shoulder is still sore with limited movement and my other shoulder is sore now because of over using it to compensate the other one. I work outdoors doing manual work on a campsite so certain things really cause it to hurt but I have to live with it.
Yesterday I got my bike out the garage, pumped up the tyres which were flat as can be checked the battery had some juice in it, sat on it and it felt good. So today I went out for a small ride on the back roads to see how I felt.
Only did ten miles but stunning scenery as I am in Scotland. My legs ached a bit but my shoulder was ok really. A little tired and I think if I had been doing some serious off road it would be sore due to the movement with the suspension etc. I will build up some fitness before hitting a bike park, but it felt so good to be out on my bike again. Take care out there. 👍
My bike looking over Loch Tay this morning.
IMG_1063.jpeg

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
Absolutely great stuff!
I find the more I ride, the more movement I'm getting. still have trouble reaching up to top shelves etc at home, but as long as I can ride again, I'm getting better. 11 months in now!!!

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Update.
its now been eight months since my fall. My shoulder is still sore with limited movement and my other shoulder is sore now because of over using it to compensate the other one. I work outdoors doing manual work on a campsite so certain things really cause it to hurt but I have to live with it.
Yesterday I got my bike out the garage, pumped up the tyres which were flat as can be checked the battery had some juice in it, sat on it and it felt good. So today I went out for a small ride on the back roads to see how I felt.
Only did ten miles but stunning scenery as I am in Scotland. My legs ached a bit but my shoulder was ok really. A little tired and I think if I had been doing some serious off road it would be sore due to the movement with the suspension etc. I will build up some fitness before hitting a bike park, but it felt so good to be out on my bike again. Take care out there. 👍
My bike looking over Loch Tay this morning.
View attachment 139105
Good to hear 👍🏻

billwarwick

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 1, 2018
warwick
Absolutely great stuff!
I find the more I ride, the more movement I'm getting. still have trouble reaching up to top shelves etc at home, but as long as I can ride again, I'm getting better. 11 months in now!!!
Bet you haven’t tidied up your garage yet tho🙄

Hobo Mikey

E*POWAH Elite
Subscriber
May 22, 2020
Where ever
Absolutely great stuff!
I have the same problem reaching up above my head and at work stuff like raking up leaves, banging in posts etc. washing my camper and car also makes it hurt. But as they told me at the hospital, it’s a life changing injury at my age. 👎 Can’t believe having an injury at 21 can be life changing. 😂 Going to see a pysio next week to see if there is any hope for me getting any better. 👍

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
I have the same problem reaching up above my head and at work stuff like raking up leaves, banging in posts etc. washing my camper and car also makes it hurt. But as they told me at the hospital, it’s a life changing injury at my age. 👎 Can’t believe having an injury at 21 can be life changing. 😂 Going to see a pysio next week to see if there is any hope for me getting any better. 👍
Physio is/was the start of the recovery for me. still going and still trying to do the exercises.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles