• Warning!!

Riding a tuned or deristricted EMTB is not a trivial offence and can have serious legal consequences. Also, many manufacturers can detect the use of a tuning device or deristricting method and may decline a repair under warranty if it was modified from the intended original specification. Deristricting EMTB's can also add increased loads for motors and batteries. Riding above the local law limit may reclassify the bike as a low-powered bike, requiring insurance, registration and a number plate.

Be aware of your local country laws. Many laws prohibit use of modified EMTB's. It is your responsibility to check local laws. Ignoring it, has potential implications to trail access, and risk of prosecution in the event of an accident.

UK Pedelec Law

Worldwide Laws

We advise members great caution. EMTB Forums accepts no liability for any content or advice given here. 

Orbea Wild SpeedBox 1.2b Install

FlobossX

Jan 30, 2024
West Virginia
Received the SpeedBox 1.2b and installed today. Documented the install with a few pictures.

I will say that rear suspension bikes will take some creativity on the install. The wheel magnet sensor wire has to have some play in it to account for the suspension travel. On my install, I couldn’t fit the rim magnet simulator under the motor cover. I ended up mounting on the outside of the cover. (I’m looking to find a removable cover for this, that can be affixed to the factory orbea motor cover.) the rest of the unit fits fairly easy under the motor cover.

Out of concern for wire wear on the magnet sensor wire, I used rubber grommets to protect the wires entry into the motor cover area. I also used protective wire loom for extra durability on the exposed wiring. It’s not beautiful….

Seems to work as advertised. I think I run outta gear at about 35 or 36 mph without pedaling at a ridiculous cadence. The motor pushed the whole way.

CF437C34-F658-48BA-88DA-095C379129E6.jpeg 40405F30-DDF4-4885-8B1A-F43940F1C9B6.jpeg F59111F1-7F9F-4DEB-A229-1866A5771590.jpeg 4AE36DC8-D1CA-4A3E-AFBA-7815E04FADD7.jpeg

High Rock Ruti

May 13, 2019
Massachusetts
Received the SpeedBox 1.2b and installed today. Documented the install with a few pictures.

I will say that rear suspension bikes will take some creativity on the install. The wheel magnet sensor wire has to have some play in it to account for the suspension travel. On my install, I couldn’t fit the rim magnet simulator under the motor cover. I ended up mounting on the outside of the cover. (I’m looking to find a removable cover for this, that can be affixed to the factory orbea motor cover.) the rest of the unit fits fairly easy under the motor cover.

Out of concern for wire wear on the magnet sensor wire, I used rubber grommets to protect the wires entry into the motor cover area. I also used protective wire loom for extra durability on the exposed wiring. It’s not beautiful….

Seems to work as advertised. I think I run outta gear at about 35 or 36 mph without pedaling at a ridiculous cadence. The motor pushed the whole way.

View attachment 133853 View attachment 133854 View attachment 133855 View attachment 133856
High Rock Ruti

Necessity is the mother of invention.

Keep us updated, my 24 wild arrives in a couple of weeks.

Warm Regards Ruti

FlobossX

Jan 30, 2024
West Virginia
@FlobossX Is this still working well? Thanks
I’ve been trying to return. Was getting some strange errors. One was battery switch stuck on.. was having issues getting the rim magnet simulator to show speed in the flow app. Also couldn’t physically get the rim mag simulator to fit inside the stock motor cover without some modifications. I ended up mounting on the outside of the cover,(where I ride, the chip
Police are non existent).

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles