orbea rise mk II

nobbyq

Feb 17, 2019
jersey
when do you think it will appear and what are your wishes ? mine are 150mm rear travel , better charge port cover , info screen in top tube , and hopefully that noisy rattle is solved .

ebsocalmtb

Sep 29, 2021
Southern-Cal
when do you think it will appear and what are your wishes ? mine are 150mm rear travel , better charge port cover , info screen in top tube , and hopefully that noisy rattle is solved .

~2 years from now. A lot will happen with ebike motors/drivetrains in the meantime. Tough to tell if orbea will stick with shimano for motors once it's time to revamp the rise or if shimano will revise their sprang clutch for more silent operation.

Part of me expects Orbea to ride out the rise and either replace it with an EMTB RS concept version of the rallon before the rise gets updated. I could definitely see them pushing the next rise further into the low weight/low(er) power module and keeping an 80% power/battery version with longer travel... only time will tell, but there will not be a new rise within the next 12 months for sure... I'd expect an announcement on orbea's next ebike within the next 12-18 with it potentially available 24 months from now.

BiGJZ74

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Mar 17, 2021
American Canyon, CA
I'll definitely sell my Rise H15 to get the E-Rallon if they make a RS version of the Rallon which is pretty much what I turned my Rise into.

Last edited:

Longfellow78

Jan 4, 2022
Hampshire
It's weird that my h15 ep8 does not rattle at all. It makes no noise of any kind except the whirr of the motor when under load. Perhaps newer ep8s have the problem solved?

westcoastmtbr

Aug 22, 2019
California USA
funny thing about the ep8 that no one is taking about, but I had my motor replaced by Shimano and I don't notice the rattle as much. Thinking they did solve some of the early production issues.

iLuveKetchup

Dec 23, 2021
Big Apple
I got my Rise two months ago (July '22) and the EP8 rattles like none other. Rattled from day 1. As expected.

This is an MyO M10 if that matters.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles