Orbea Rise H15 vs Turbo Levo Comp Alloy ??

DeRob

Jan 2, 2022
Belgium
So i am a really driven enduro/trail rider who likes to send flow or technical stuf, even some jumps now and then. I started with a Canyon Spectral in 2018 and loved it, for the moment i own a Hightower v2 since 2020 for almost 2 years and this bike is still the best all around non ebike i could wish for.

Now since i am changing my job i will have to do more hours and will be riding less in the near future.
So i considered to buy an ebike that suits me the best.

First my eye fell upon the Rise H15 5799€ (without extender) and i will have to change tyres, rotors and maybe brakes.. Its in my opinion a trail bike and i am gonna have the same problem i have with the hightower now that it's has not enough suspension for my ability to ride trails in Finale, bikeparks or on rough tracks at home.

Second i am looking at the Turbo Levo Comp Alloy Gen3 6550€(6.5%), i will have to change brakes for certain. Big difference i know but why the Levo? Max power and 700W is probably a lot of fun with enough suspension and the mullet is also nice. But is it to much of a bike to have fun on the descent??

These bikes are available in februari and i do not want to wait to much longer.
In 2023 i would maybe change the Hightower for a more Enduro bike with coil to ride the bikeparks and the shuttle stuff what i am not planning to do to much with the Levo.
Because for now the Levo is the most preferable on the wish list.
Or should i consider the Orbea because Shimano is a safer option? (considering the Brose problems)
I know there is the Kenevo SL but that's 27.5 and more the bike i would need in the bikepark situations.
I tried the Scott Ransom Eride (180mm) on the street and for the small moment i could test it, it gave a really have feeling and not that playful kinda trailduro ebike what i am looking for.

Thanks for your view and help already!

mmcengineer

Jan 3, 2022
Sheffield
I just bought a rise with extender you get 800 odd w combined battery on the alloy and then you can flash the firmware to get 85nm torques or nick it back to 60 and take the battery extender off to me the Levo has poor spec for the money and I’ve owned 2 of them over the years

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles