Levo Alloy Comp or E160rs?

TheBear27

Aug 2, 2023
East Sussex
Hi Guys and gals - new to this forum and not yet purchased an EMTB - looking at the Specialized Turbo Levo Comp or the Whyte E160-rs - anyone have any preferences on either and why? I currently ride a Specialized Stuntjumper 2016 so time for a change upto an EMTB - any advice would be very much appreciated - cheers

Bakewell Blue

Apr 2, 2023
Bakewell
Hiya mate. Don’t know about the Whyte I’m afraid. I’d been analogue for 40 years ABC bought my first eMTB two months ago, a Spesh Alloy Comp custom. Bloody love it and it’s rejuvenated my riding

TheBear27

Aug 2, 2023
East Sussex
Hiya mate. Don’t know about the Whyte I’m afraid. I’d been analogue for 40 years ABC bought my first eMTB two months ago, a Spesh Alloy Comp custom. Bloody love it and it’s rejuvenated my riding
Ahhh cheers for your reply - very much appreciated... I am sure I can't go wrong with either and by the sounds of it we're of the same kind of vintage and I deffo need to get rejuvenated - thanks again and happy riding

Bakewell Blue

Apr 2, 2023
Bakewell
Cheers, yeah it’s been amazing. I was a bit cynical but have found it overall great, the only downside is when you’re on flat tracks the cut off in the UK is 15mph so you hit that speed and it’s like someone had put a sail up! You really feel the weight then, but up hill is fab and down is more frequent so all good. Enjoy.

Paulquattro

E*POWAH Elite
May 7, 2020
The Darkside
Hi
Only suggestion from me is where's your local dealer first then go look at them and test ride if possible
Dealer wise you may well need them in the future so make sure you can stomach the distance they are away from you (y)

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Are you talkinmg a bout NEW bikes? ie latest Levo and Whyte?
I have 2 Whyte bikes E160 RSX and an older 2020 E180 RS...........before I had a Levo Comp.........gen 2 not the latest gen 3.
29er or Mullet
So firstly the Levo is a mullet..............the Whyte E160 RSX is 29er, the E160 RS MX is a mullet.
Bosch or Brose
The Whytes use Bosch ( Bosch Smart System for the latest bikes) The Levo is powered by a Brose motor. Do some research on which you prefer in terms of performance and reliability.
PRice/Value for money
Whyte is currently offering significant discount........................not sure if Specialized still is? Price/value is obviously a factor. Whyte will normally deliver better components than Specialized at the same sort of price points.
Local LBS/Warranty
Especially if this is your first EMTB buying from a relatively local bike shop is preferable. The Specialized probably wins on warranty.
Performance/reliability
I would score Whyte higher on both counts but my comparison was with a gen2 Levo Comp rather than gen3 Levo

TheBear27

Aug 2, 2023
East Sussex
Are you talkinmg a bout NEW bikes? ie latest Levo and Whyte?
I have 2 Whyte bikes E160 RSX and an older 2020 E180 RS...........before I had a Levo Comp.........gen 2 not the latest gen 3.
29er or Mullet
So firstly the Levo is a mullet..............the Whyte E160 RSX is 29er, the E160 RS MX is a mullet.
Bosch or Brose
The Whytes use Bosch ( Bosch Smart System for the latest bikes) The Levo is powered by a Brose motor. Do some research on which you prefer in terms of performance and reliability.
PRice/Value for money
Whyte is currently offering significant discount........................not sure if Specialized still is? Price/value is obviously a factor. Whyte will normally deliver better components than Specialized at the same sort of price points.
Local LBS/Warranty
Especially if this is your first EMTB buying from a relatively local bike shop is preferable. The Specialized probably wins on warranty.
Performance/reliability
I would score Whyte higher on both counts but my comparison was with a gen2 Levo Comp rather than gen3 Levo
Hi there - cheers for your comments, totally get it and am looking at Whyte now as they are on my doorstep - took one out this morning for a test and great bit of kit sadly no RS or RSX in XL on sale prices - arrggghhhhhh! I'll keep looking. Thanks again for getting back to me - really appreciate it - cheers DW

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles