Orbea rise emtb rider here

oferlaor

Jun 7, 2024
Israel
Hi guys,

new user on this forum :)

Been riding about 6 years or so (54m) after my wife got into it, so we ride together. Last 3y I moved to emtb, which really upped my technical game. Before switching to the Rise, I was dead tired after each ride (usually technical riding, 30km x 500m) and didn't feel like I was getting any better. After switching to emtb, I really felt like I was getting the hang of things and doing more and more technical moves. I can do a decent manual, but no wheelies or bunny hops. I'm slowly increasing drop heights, climbing higher and getting better at different types of terrain.

I'm really happy I chose the lighter bike. It feels very similar to my previous MTB (Scott Spark 920) rather than a full heavy emtb, which I saw a lot of my peers losing their fitness after switching.

Farrick

Jun 6, 2024
N. Ireland
Hi oferlaor,
I have just had my first ride on my new Orbea Rise, thoroughly enjoyed it though I haven't quite figured out how to get the best out of the battery yet (y)

Rise1.jpeg

oferlaor

Jun 7, 2024
Israel
With the Rise, you're supposed to forget that you have an ebike (except for the whine the motor makes sometimes...).

What I do is start out in echo and move to trail. If there's a steep climb, I'll try to make it as far as I can before pushing it harder.

If it's not an extra long ride or with a high climb (70km / 1000+m climb) you should just ignore the battery and just enjoy your ride... If you expect it to be more than that, take a portable battery with you.

Really enjoying the Rise. Looks like you have an M10 there, nice choice.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles