Orbea Rise , anyone seen one yet ?

Brian Gouldney

Dec 29, 2020
Mallorca
Lets hope they break-in and problem solved. Nothing worse than squeeky brakes to ruin a ride. I've had XT brakes with Ice tech rotors for a few years, never a squeek from new or since. Please let me know how things develop. Thanks

Gutch

Sep 10, 2018
South Carolina
Lets hope they break-in and problem solved. Nothing worse than squeeky brakes to ruin a ride. I've had XT brakes with Ice tech rotors for a few years, never a squeek from new or since. Please let me know how things develop. Thanks
I always bed my brakes when new before any grime gets on them and get a good amounts of pad on the rotor. After that I have no issues. I put SRAM 220-200 on mine. XT brakes are awesome, had Sram RSC on my Decoy pro and couldn’t stand them

jka

Dec 17, 2020
Nevada, USA
Wow . when did this thread turn into a nerd fiesta.

Nerd fiesta?? Whatever do you mean??

1609351100807.png

stiv674

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 4, 2019
Wiltshire
So... I was looking at ordering an M20 via the Orbea website, mainly to be able to upgrade the forks and brakes.

Unfortunately due to Brexit we in the UK can't order online at the moment, I might just order a standard M20 from LBS instead, would the Fox 34 Factory be much of an improvement on the basic 34 anyway? I can upgrade the brakes myself if required.

jka

Dec 17, 2020
Nevada, USA
So... I was looking at ordering an M20 via the Orbea website, mainly to be able to upgrade the forks and brakes.

Unfortunately due to Brexit we in the UK can't order online at the moment, I might just order a standard M20 from LBS instead, would the Fox 34 Factory be much of an improvement on the basic 34 anyway? I can upgrade the brakes myself if required.

I've been mountain biking for 25+ years and in my experience and opinion, I probably couldn't tell much of a difference between the two forks, so I wouldn't pay the extra to upgrade. Now if you're a more advanced rider or very sensitive to suspension components, it might be completely different. Just saying what I would do. Advice is free and usually worth what you pay for it.
Brakes on the other hand might be an upgrade. Even then, I'd ride the stock ones and see what I think before changing them out. Like you said, easy to do yourself.

Steve G H

Nov 22, 2020
Sleaford

I had the same thoughts when I initially ordered an M20 . Personally if I was to upgrade forks it would be to a 36 but I'd made my mind up to stick with the 34 Performance and give them a go . Brakes I'd thought just swap the front caliper to a 4 pot , you can keep the same lever so it's basically a £50 swap . My M20 got delayed and they twisted my arm to buy the M10 they had , now I've got it I am well happy , I wouldn't change a thing , well maybe brake pads ? lol . When is your delivery date on one ? The one I initially ordered is due early January and was still available if your after a medium .

Smythey

Sep 28, 2019
Norwich

If you are in the uk chevins cycles have a rise in stock so do ebike shop ?

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA

I think the 34 performance is a FIT4 damper vs the Grip 2 dampers in the Factory forks. I prefer the Grip 2 myself (more tunable and a little better small bump compliance), but they’re both fine forks.

Note that you can also upgrade just the damper at some point. 10 minute job, about $300 USD in parts.

stiv674

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 4, 2019
Wiltshire
Thanks all.

I'm going to give my fairly local BS a call tomorrow, see what the current situation is.

I'm not a technical rider so I expect the standard 34 performance will be fine, I've got the 36 performance on my Jam2 and they're more than good enough.

Smythey

Sep 28, 2019
Norwich
Thanks all.

I'm going to give my fairly local BS a call tomorrow, see what the current situation is.

I'm not a technical rider so I expect the standard 34 performance will be fine, I've got the 36 performance on my Jam2 and they're more than good enough.
Which model are you thinking ordering
i have my m team rise on order since end October been told March delivery

jka

Dec 17, 2020
Nevada, USA
Most likely M20, I'll be needing the range extender as well which would make the M10 far too expensive.

I'm in no hurry really.

I was initially thinking I would need the range extender, but now I'm not sure. A couple of rides in and after totaling almost 4 hours of ride time with mostly on Eco and a little on Trail settings, I still have almost 50% battery left. Unless you're doing truly epic rides with tons of climbing, you may not even need it. It's pretty pricey.
The M20 is a great build. I initially ordered that one too and then the shop here was getting none in for who knows how long, but were getting some M10s so I just bit the bullet and after approval of the family CFO, got the M10. You really do get a lot of upgrades with the M10 that are worth far more than the upgrade cost, but I'm certain that I would have been VERY happy with an M20.

brendand

Dec 19, 2020
Calgary, Canada
I was initially thinking I would need the range extender, but now I'm not sure. A couple of rides in and after totaling almost 4 hours of ride time with mostly on Eco and a little on Trail settings, I still have almost 50% battery left. Unless you're doing truly epic rides with tons of climbing, you may not even need it. It's pretty pricey.
The M20 is a great build. I initially ordered that one too and then the shop here was getting none in for who knows how long, but were getting some M10s so I just bit the bullet and after approval of the family CFO, got the M10. You really do get a lot of upgrades with the M10 that are worth far more than the upgrade cost, but I'm certain that I would have been VERY happy with an M20.

I was also thinking of getting the extender. But do want to see how long I can go with stock at first.

It seems like Orbea may have just forgotten about Canada for the Rise. There's none to be found yet I've been told.

Steve G H

Nov 22, 2020
Sleaford
You using profile 1 or 2 ?

Steve G H

Nov 22, 2020
Sleaford
Brakes alot better today , more power and no squealing . Different kind of mud but happy with them today , think the clean etc done some good .

Yzlvr

Jun 23, 2019
USA
Good to see the Rise is out and peeps are riding it.. What is the range you are getting with it compared to your last bike? Thx

Smythey

Sep 28, 2019
Norwich
Yeah it's pretty good. I was riding with a mate whose just bought a turbo levo and we were a bit mismatched with the power. If I had an extender on I could use trail and boost more to keep up with him then
Are you able to ride and keep up with people who have full fat ebikes

Steve G H

Nov 22, 2020
Sleaford
Are you able to ride and keep up with people who have full fat ebikes
I rode with couple guys briefly on Whyte emtb's , not sure what mode they were in , but kept up through single-track no bother in trail mode . No doubt if there's a steep long climb it would be different matter , but from my experience so far boost has plenty of power . My local ride area I'm actually running out of gears in places , very impressed with how easy it is to pedal past 15 mph , I was doing 18 in places on way home and you wouldn't know you were on an ebike , exactly what I was looking for .

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles