Orbea Rise , anyone seen one yet ?

Steve G H

Nov 22, 2020
Sleaford
Order changed to an M10 thats in stock , original M20 has been delayed until January but said this one just arrived and available. Stretched me a bit but only live once lol . If anyone looking for an M20 in the two tone green in medium , I know where there is one available, they are very hard to get hold of , send me a message.

Steve G H

Nov 22, 2020
Sleaford
Picked it up today , really happy with it

IMG-20201218-WA0010.jpg

brendand

Dec 19, 2020
Calgary, Canada
First ride out on my M10 today. Really nice ride apart from all the mud. First Ebike I've owned so the lower power wasn't an issue to me. Tyres have definitely gotta go though. Was hoping to put my Reserve wheels with an Assegai and DHR2 straight on there but I need some new end caps for the front, forgot about the torque caps that were on. Had it on the scales and it came in at 18.3kg. It's an XL and it has Burgtec MK5 pedals on. Did a 24 mile ride with about 2200ft of climbing and drained 60% of the battery although I did keep it in turbo for the last 2 mile up the hill back home.

This is exactly the model and bike size I ordered (XL). Unfortunately my LBS said it won't be until July before I get one. I'm hoping that date changes. Where are you located? By the spelling of "tyres", I'm assuming you're in the UK? I'm in Canada. I dream of being able to get my M10 and ride the trails around here. I also ordered the Shimano display. And am wondering if I would need the range extender.

How did you find the power? There are two profiles, one more powerful than the other I read about.

How long was your ride? I usually only ride for a couple of hours at a time. 2.5 at the most. I also weigh about 99 kg, so I may use more power than you if you're lighter than that.

I was a bit concerned about the tires. I'm used to riding DHF and DHR tires on my Santa Cruz.

Gutch

Sep 10, 2018
South Carolina
So, I’m assuming these bikes are coming tubeless? If not, I gotta scrounge up some stems. I would think they are pushing weight loss almost have to be. Whatcha got owners?

Steve G H

Nov 22, 2020
Sleaford
16 kg is for the top model on 34 forks etc . Weighed it tubeless with pedals with some cheap fishing scales , just over 18kg , which is pretty much the claimed weight for this model

MTB911

Dec 20, 2020
PL
I have reservation for M10, march delivery and one thing worries me.... 140mm rear suspension.
I like jumping and riding fast. Now I have 150/160 Trek rail 9.7 but i want a light bike so i have 2 options Orbea Rise or Specialized Levo SL.
Orbea has almost everything better but lacking 150mm rear suspension. Anyone have a comparison Rise vs Levo SL ?

Gutch

Sep 10, 2018
South Carolina
I have reservation for M10, march delivery and one thing worries me.... 140mm rear suspension.
I like jumping and riding fast. Now I have 150/160 Trek rail 9.7 but i want a light bike so i have 2 options Orbea Rise or Specialized Levo SL.
Orbea has almost everything better but lacking 150mm rear suspension. Anyone have a comparison Rise vs Levo SL ?
I’m going from 170-160. But if you think about it, used to ride rigid, then 100mm was huge! It’ll take probably most trails unless you’re going real big. Put a cushcore in the rear and rip!

Chicane

Nov 11, 2020
SoCal
It sounds like the Levo SL with 160 front will be more to your liking, but I’ve only ridden the SL.

Steve G H

Nov 22, 2020
Sleaford
I've come from 100mm xc bike so can't really comment other than it feels good to me and wouldn't sweat over 10mm if its the bike you want . First ride on it today and loved it .

MTB911

Dec 20, 2020
PL
It sounds like the Levo SL with 160 front will be more to your liking, but I’ve only ridden the SL.

Rise Fox 36 can be upgraded to 160mm just by a cheap air shaft replacement and you have 140/160 :)
The problem is the rear 140mm. I think 140/160 that's a bad option , too much geometry change.

Chicane

Nov 11, 2020
SoCal
Rise Fox 36 can be upgraded to 160mm just by a cheap air shaft replacement and you have 140/160 :)
The problem is the rear 140mm. I think 140/160 that's a bad option , too much geometry change.
160/140 is normal and has been specced on many different bike brands over the past few years. Now I haven’t search the Max front recommended on the rise. Considering it comes in either 140-150 front,160 could void warranty as most bike brands give a 10mm variance option for front travel. Yes 140 rear has it’s limits and that’s why I pointed at the SL for what you described.

Steve G H

Nov 22, 2020
Sleaford
140 , 150 , its 10mm ! I for one wouldn't be able to tell , you can get more out of a tyre . If its something that's going to stick in your head and feel your making a compromise then go for something with more travel such as the Levo SL

MTB911

Dec 20, 2020
PL
Lol. I’ve ridden bike parks and technical enduro courses on a 135mm rear travel bike. 140mm is plenty unless you’re doing monster drops or racing competitive enduro or DH. Otherwise you’re probably overbiked with 160mm rear travel.

That sounds good, thanks for feedback.

jim0905

Dec 10, 2020
West Yorkshire
This is exactly the model and bike size I ordered (XL). Unfortunately my LBS said it won't be until July before I get one. I'm hoping that date changes. Where are you located? By the spelling of "tyres", I'm assuming you're in the UK? I'm in Canada. I dream of being able to get my M10 and ride the trails around here. I also ordered the Shimano display. And am wondering if I would need the range extender.

How did you find the power? There are two profiles, one more powerful than the other I read about.

How long was your ride? I usually only ride for a couple of hours at a time. 2.5 at the most. I also weigh about 99 kg, so I may use more power than you if you're lighter than that.

I was a bit concerned about the tires. I'm used to riding DHF and DHR tires on my Santa Cruz.

I found the power to be fine. Eco is quite subtle though but can be changed with the Etube app. I have left everything in default settings for now but have run it in profile 2. First ride out I did 23.59 miles and 2188ft of climbing. I used eco a lot as wasn't sure how things would go. This used 60% of the battery. Second ride I did 27 miles and 2700ft of climbing but used trail and turbo a lot more and got home with 10% left. You're right I am in the UK and it is really muddy at the minute so does'nt help the range. I'm about the same weight as you as well

Gutch

Sep 10, 2018
South Carolina
I found the power to be fine. Eco is quite subtle though but can be changed with the Etube app. I have left everything in default settings for now but have run it in profile 2. First ride out I did 23.59 miles and 2188ft of climbing. I used eco a lot as wasn't sure how things would go. This used 60% of the battery. Second ride I did 27 miles and 2700ft of climbing but used trail and turbo a lot more and got home with 10% left. You're right I am in the UK and it is really muddy at the minute so does'nt help the range. I'm about the same weight as you as well
Great info on range! 25-30 off-road is all I’m really after, Unless I gave a complete free day.

jim0905

Dec 10, 2020
West Yorkshire
Great info on range! 25-30 off-road is all I’m really after, Unless I gave a complete free day.

Yeah it'll do me for now but I will be getting the range extender when they become available. Getting quoted beginning of April when they are due in. Just in time for when the weather should be looking better and the days longer

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles