Orbea Rise , anyone seen one yet ?

chrismechmaster

Subscriber
Dec 7, 2020
Newbury
First proper outing today on the rise very very happy , did 15 miles around Swinley mostly in eco and a bit of trail , used only 20% of the battery amazing

might cancel that range extender ?
I also swap the resr tyre out for a discestor

Was amazing how well this bike ride with the motor off to !!

My
3D2991AF-C019-4CF2-9C55-934C1E69E9CD.jpeg
6754AA5D-A146-45E7-949F-A1BB4D583CB0.jpeg
only slight gripe this is the first bike I have owned / ridden with a shimano xtr transmission , my Levo has the basic gx transmission and to be fair the gx shifts faultlessly every single time and seams to shift cleaner then the xtr was on my rise

I am assuming the bike shop probably hasn’t got it dialled in quite correct surely
the xtr should be much better than a sram gx ??

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA
First proper outing today on the rise very very happy , did 15 miles around Swinley mostly in eco and a bit of trail , used only 20% of the battery amazing

might cancel that range extender ?
I also swap the resr tyre out for a discestor

Was amazing how well this bike ride with the motor off to !!

My View attachment 57052 View attachment 57053 only slight gripe this is the first bike I have owned / ridden with a shimano xtr transmission , my Levo has the basic gx transmission and to be fair the gx shifts faultlessly every single time and seams to shift cleaner then the xtr was on my rise

I am assuming the bike shop probably hasn’t got it dialled in quite correct surely
the xtr should be much better than a sram gx ??

Double check the pulley wheel gap.

DanMcDan

Mar 18, 2021
Torquay
First big ride today, 44miles from sea level up onto Dartmoor and a few DH tracks in the woods. Mostly on eco upto the moor and then trail/boost for some of the steep climbs. 5 hrs in total and got back with 15% battery. A few things I’ve noticed and may need to sort out, the Dps shock is blowing through its travel a bit too easy, might switch back to my spare Monarch Plus rc3, the rear tyre has to go, the chain is wearing out the frame protector right by the chainring, might need something more there .

28225979-B611-46FC-BD76-5DC96F50058E.jpeg

C7E5C004-83A8-427E-B2DF-FBF8D73C96D0.jpeg
30ED3762-9E85-4BA8-9A19-389DB02AF07D.jpeg

RickBullotta

Jun 5, 2019
USA
First big ride today, 44miles from sea level up onto Dartmoor and a few DH tracks in the woods. Mostly on eco upto the moor and then trail/boost for some of the steep climbs. 5 hrs in total and got back with 15% battery. A few things I’ve noticed and may need to sort out, the Dps shock is blowing through its travel a bit too easy, might switch back to my spare Monarch Plus rc3, the rear tyre has to go, the chain is wearing out the frame protector right by the chainring, might need something more there .

View attachment 57097

View attachment 57095 View attachment 57096
The bike should have shipped with the larger volume spacer. Put that in and reset sag.

PhilS

Mar 1, 2021
UK
My M10 came with the spacer - It comes in a small Orbea branded box along with the manuals, tubeless valves, charger etc ask your LBS to give it to you if they kept it.

@DanMcDan - a larger chainring might be your solution to the wear on the protector. It will move the chain up a little and also mean you are in the smaller cassette sprockets less, increasing the height further.

PhilS

Mar 1, 2021
UK
They make 34t and 36t at £50 each, or a standard Shimano steel one would fit too, and last a lot longer but costs double and weighs more...

PhilS

Mar 1, 2021
UK
Its on my to do list for mine, but not a cheap swap when you need to buy a specific tool, new chainring and possibly a new chain too!

mark.ai

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Jul 10, 2018
Windermere
Wow I tried out Profile 2 on my ride today - I turned up Eco by 1 assist level (so it was pretty equivalent to Trail on Profile 1), and Boost was already set to max on everything. Overall the power really did seem similar to my full fat E8000 bike, but with marginally less battery % used - it's like there is some magic going on ...

Would like to try and reduce the initial surge on Boost now, And probably turn up Trail a bit so it is closer to Boost but with a better response to input.

Yzlvr

Jun 23, 2019
USA
I rode profile 2 on Sunday Absoulutly loved it
Did you make changes on profile 1 before? It does come stock pretty flat, like most in the low setting.. Profile 2 has more assist and torque stock.. I was told they are the same, just depends on settings you have for each of the 3 modes in 1 & 2.

chrismechmaster

Subscriber
Dec 7, 2020
Newbury
Hi no I tried both profiles in standard form only
I just found profile 2 much more lively

I need to have a play about in profile one as only tried it for a few minutes before changing and spending the rest of the day in two

jka

Dec 17, 2020
Nevada, USA
I have ridden both profiles as they come stock for a while and I like them where they are. You'r right, if you turn up profile 1 to profile 2 levels, you'll just have two profile 2's. I use profile 1 when I'm riding alone and want a good workout. I can leave on eco and work hard or bump up to trail or even boost if needed. I also use it when I ride with my wife on her full power ebike since she doesn't go quite as fast. If I ride with my son or someone else with a FP ebike, I set it to profile 2. I find that my profile 2 seems about the same level of assist as their bikes. At least I can keep up with them OK.

Gardcol

Dec 30, 2020
Aberdeen
The bike should have shipped with the larger volume spacer. Put that in and reset sag.
I felt the rear end on my M10 was a bit harsh so put the larger volume spacer in and it was better. I then added Cush Core Pro to the rear and its a different bike, absolutely awesome. I am 80kg and running 21psi in the rear, feels bottomless. So impressed I am fitting a Cush Core XC to the front and will go for 17psi. I've got a 160mm air shaft coming and that will be me all done i.e. those are only changes and bike feels great. I ride some very rocky enduro trails up here in Scotland and its smashing them.
QUESTION: Is there any way to see how many hours or miles you have put on the EP8RS motor? I cannot see anything on the e-Tube App? It would be handy for fork/shock service intervals.

RickBullotta

Jun 5, 2019
USA
I felt the rear end on my M10 was a bit harsh so put the larger volume spacer in and it was better. I then added Cush Core Pro to the rear and its a different bike, absolutely awesome. I am 80kg and running 21psi in the rear, feels bottomless. So impressed I am fitting a Cush Core XC to the front and will go for 17psi. I've got a 160mm air shaft coming and that will be me all done i.e. those are only changes and bike feels great. I ride some very rocky enduro trails up here in Scotland and its smashing them.
QUESTION: Is there any way to see how many hours or miles you have put on the EP8RS motor? I cannot see anything on the e-Tube App? It would be handy for fork/shock service intervals.

I'm not sure about the eTube mobile app, but the eTube Windows app definitely provides that type of data (and other diagnostics).

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles