Orbea Gain (EX35) problem

fenwick458

Oct 6, 2020
Cumbria
My Gain won't work, nothing happens when you press the on button. it works fine when it's plugged in and reports 90% battery to my Garmin and the Mahle app, when it's upside down if I spin the cranks when it's plugged in the motor kicks in, and I've checked all the plugs and they all look like they came out of the factory as I would expect as I only ride this bike when it's nice weather and it's 8 months old.

according to the Mahle app diagnostics page it shows the battery as 0%, which could explain why it's not working. bit odd as on the main page of the app it shows 90% like my Garmin says, and the IWOC light is white which would indicate a charge level of 75% +, and it reports it's status as OK with a green tick (it's clearly not)

what sort of fault does this sound like? faulty battery? I've raised a claim with the place where I bought the bike from but they said they will probably have to get the bike back to look at it.

some further info, the last ride I did was 2 weeks ago and I got home with 2% left, which is probably the lowest I've ever ran it to. I put it on charge for 4 hours when I got back and then left it for 2 weeks in the garage, today it's showing 90% charge and that number hasn't changed all today when it was on charge for 2 hours

sophieB1978

Feb 22, 2024
Shropshire
Anyone found a fix to this issue yet? I've got the exactly the same problem on my Cannondale !! its got to be the Mahle X35 setup as my bike is 22 months old and hardly used !! (24 month warranty so I could do with finding out the cause OR at least a Fix !!)

mooredan

Jan 5, 2024
United Kingdom
My issue is exactly like Fenwick458 described. I'd really like to know if this is an issue that I could resolve at hone (I'm a competent bike mechanic) but I don't know anything about e bikes.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles