Opinions on Bosch CX lack of tuning via software apps

fenwick458

Oct 6, 2020
Cumbria
Good find! Going to call Bosch for more info.

Edit: Short version - it replaces eMTB mode with a mode that runs very low assist at the low end (roughly similar to ECO) and goes up from there and is intended for "fitter riders" who want more range. Sounds good to me as in practice I never find much use for eMTB mode.

seems interesting but I don't think I'd want to lose EMTB mode to try it out. why do you have to lose that one? would be nice if they let you choose any 4 profiles you like, if so I'd have eco, tour, tour+ and EMTB. Turbo seems pointless I neve use it anyway

fenwick458

Oct 6, 2020
Cumbria
well that would actually make sense, I was just going off what @Gyre said ?‍♂️
I'm still not really that fussed, I might do it if it was free and I could download it myself, but doesn't warrant a trip to a bosch dealer

Edit, so reading the 1st part of this old thread, it would appear that "tour+" seems to be very similar to "magic tour"
or in fact it might be the very same...
even though it was originally only available on moustache bikes...

Last edited:

nasamorpheus

Jul 17, 2020
Ljubljana
I wrote Bosch to clear out situation because on their site they don't tell you how the mode is implemented.. they're weird guys there in Germany :) I will post answer here..

Gyre

Jan 25, 2021
Pasadena, CA
I wrote Bosch to clear out situation because on their site they don't tell you how the mode is implemented.. they're weird guys there in Germany :) I will post answer here..
The rep I spoke to claimed it replaced eMTB mode, but sometimes they have bad info. I do have an appointment to get the update on Thursday, so we'll see how it goes.

nasamorpheus

Jul 17, 2020
Ljubljana
I wouldn't replace EMTB for Tour+ if your LBS is right.. why would you do that? EMTB is essential for climbing hard and has natural feel, if you don't push your bike wont push... I would love to have Tour+ but instead of tour and never instead of EMTB. If this is the case that it replace EMTB than Bosch guys are even bigger noobs that I thought at first :)

Gyre

Jan 25, 2021
Pasadena, CA
I wouldn't replace EMTB for Tour+ if your LBS is right.. why would you do that? EMTB is essential for climbing hard and has natural feel, if you don't push your bike wont push... I would love to have Tour+ but instead of tour and never instead of EMTB. If this is the case that it replace EMTB than Bosch guys are even bigger noobs that I thought at first :)
Everybody has their own preferences. In my case I'm used to Tour mode and find the linear response very useful. eMTB mode ramps up way too quickly and just burns through the battery. If I can have Tour+ in place of eMTB I think it'll suit me very well. Anyhow, we'll see what happens next week. If it does replace Tour mode I may have them switch it back.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles