OneUp Carbon Bars on 2021 Meta Power 27 SX Signature

roboticinvesting

Oct 27, 2020
Calgary
I have a 2021 Meta Power 27 SX Signature coming in March (I’m in Canada) and was wondering about the RideAlpha handlebars that come with the bike. I put on a OneUp Carbon bar on my last bike (non-eMTB) and loved it. Very little arm pump and just felt amazing to ride the downhill sections.

Based on my reading, it sounds like the RideAlpha handlebar that comes with the bike includes some sort of inner channel for the cable that goes from the shifter to the screen. Does anyone have a picture of what that looks like?

And I suspect it is not 100% necessary to route the cable inside the handlebar - it can just be routed outside the bar correct?

Any pics or advice on this upgrade would be much appreciated!

marcellistudios

Aug 3, 2020
Canada
I have a 2021 Meta Power 27 SX Signature coming in March (I’m in Canada) and was wondering about the RideAlpha handlebars that come with the bike. I put on a OneUp Carbon bar on my last bike (non-eMTB) and loved it. Very little arm pump and just felt amazing to ride the downhill sections.

Based on my reading, it sounds like the RideAlpha handlebar that comes with the bike includes some sort of inner channel for the cable that goes from the shifter to the screen. Does anyone have a picture of what that looks like?

And I suspect it is not 100% necessary to route the cable inside the handlebar - it can just be routed outside the bar correct?

Hey a fellow Canadian what's up dude? I would also like to know.. I plan to put Renthal bars on mine just cause I'd like a little more rise. I was just about to post a thread about the signature sx.. I've saved the money, I want the bike but I'm having some reservations spending 10k on a mtn bike.. after all my motocross bike cost less brand new. lol.. So I was gonna ask the community to convince me.. haha

marcellistudios

Aug 3, 2020
Canada

Have you seen these bars? not cheap but well made!

roboticinvesting

Oct 27, 2020
Calgary
Yeah the bikes are not cheap - but a worthy investment if it means it gets me out riding, gets the heart rate up, and I can bomb more downhill sections than on a non-eMTB!

Thanks for the link on the handlebar - I really like the oneup bars and will stick with that but always looking for other products to try.

Gw0175

Aug 30, 2020
Scotland

Hey! I have the SX race coming next week which also has the Ridealpha bars for channeling cables.... This put me off buying a new bar until it arrives and I get a look. I'll get some pics up as soon as possible ??

Dirtysouth

Nov 4, 2020
NZ
Hey team mine arrived yesterday the cable runs from the remote under the grip “there is a channel under the grips” then pops out beside the display. A friend who has the 29 has already switched the bars and just wrapped the wire around his bars a couple of times not as clean but works

roboticinvesting

Oct 27, 2020
Calgary
@Dirtysouth - thanks for that. Interesting that it is just a channel. Sounds like wrapping would work - might be good to cover with electrical tape or something like that for some added protection. Any chance for a pic when you have a couple minutes free?

Dirtysouth

Nov 4, 2020
NZ
@Dirtysouth - thanks for that. Interesting that it is just a channel. Sounds like wrapping would work - might be good to cover with electrical tape or something like that for some added protection. Any chance for a pic when you have a couple minutes free?

Yeah I will pull a grip off tonight when I get home. This is what I was meaning about wrapping the wire around the bars

63C4520E-DB55-47D3-9D42-DB67F6C4FF80.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles