One year today!

ilostmypassword

Apr 5, 2022
New Zealand
Just got notice ive been signed up here for 1 year. That means it has been a year since I picked up my 2022 Giant Trance X E+ 1 eBike and started shredding. Best of all I could afford to buy it so no credit debt! Ive upgraded bars, stem, flats, and inserts. A new Hope wheel set has really lifted this bikes ability to climb.

I remember the first months that took a lot of time to get used to how an eBike rides. New bikes are so LONG and LOW. I had some big falls. I bent my chain ring and scratched the bike up. I'm on my second chain. I destroyed the awful Shimano Deore rear hub. I was lucky to walk away from a few huge offs TBH. I also had my first flats to shin incident and that hurt a lot. All accidents have been related to low BB and pedal strikes and while its got better with technique- I still think new bikes are dangerously low.

Over time I got so excited to be out on the bike it was brilliant. A year later I'm still stoked to get out and love how I can be off for a few weeks and get back on it and just ride without that shitty off the bike for a few week vibe. I could never go back to vintage bikes now. Why would I?

Fitness wise i've found it great to have a full body workout vs sitting and spinning. Technique wise I'm better on a bike than ever hitting trails at 3 times the pace. Riding back up technical trails has to be a highlight for riding eBikes. Wow you can really get up some tech stuff!

Distance wise I can share as it reset to zero a who back. I reckon its over a thousand KM.

Anyway, thanks for a cool forum and nice to chat with you all about eBikes. I cant believe it has been a year already! I can't wait for more adventures.

-Paul

817BEEB7-7E16-4418-A74A-F6BBE44AC542.JPG

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles