Old guy from South Carolina. New 2023 Rise m10.

basstracker208

Feb 3, 2024
SC
Hi all, been riding a Santa Cruz Hightower for several years. Getting too old to make the climbs, so I just bought a 2023 rise m10. Never owned an e bike and don't know a thing about it. I'm really hoping to get some advice here.

BobR

Apr 14, 2021
Florida
You have a great bike! I have the 2020 version… I only charge it when I get below 30% and sometimes that can be a couple short rides… my battery is still very healthy… I leave it on the charger no more than 5 hours and it has always charged up fully before then.

Brian O

May 8, 2022
Brevard North Carolina
Hi all, been riding a Santa Cruz Hightower for several years. Getting too old to make the climbs, so I just bought a 2023 rise m10. Never owned an e bike and don't know a thing about it. I'm really hoping to get some advice here.
You will love. I changed a couple years ago and bought a Specialized Levo. We just rode in SC at Issaqueena Dam yesterday. Not sure were you live but is a great place to ride.

basstracker208

Feb 3, 2024
SC
You will love. I changed a couple years ago and bought a Specialized Levo. We just rode in SC at Issaqueena Dam yesterday. Not sure were you live but is a great place to ride.
You rode Stumphouse bike trail in Walhalla. I love that trail. I'm 1-1/2 hours from there near Spartanburg,SC. Too far to
go very often but I've been there several times. I wanted to buy a Specialized Levo Sl ,but could not find a good deal
on one.

Bgosselin

Mar 9, 2024
Canada
Hello. Older rider From Canada. I’m 58 and bought a 2022 rise M20. So far it’s just an amazing bike. Still riding it stock but I may be doing some upgrade that increase front fork travel a bit. Would mind trying to get carbon wheels st one point. What´s old for you?

Last edited:

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
58 is about middling on here. Plenty of older riders still showing how it's done but having to use e-bike because of age-related wear and tear body issues! 😀 Knees, shoulders, backs, all common issues here. Surprised you can't smell the Deep Heat! 😉

basstracker208

Feb 3, 2024
SC
58 is about middling on here. Plenty of older riders still showing how it's done but having to use e-bike because of age-related wear and tear body issues! 😀 Knees, shoulders, backs, all common issues here. Surprised you can't smell the Deep Heat! 😉
58 is a spring chicken, I didn't start mountain biking until I was 68, yea, both knees replaced
16 years ago, I'll be 76 in May. have heat pad on my back at the moment. Heart valve replaced
last spring. Just purchased a new Orbea rise m10, so I could try to keep up with 56 year old who
got me in this sport.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles