Old git on a Sub 1k emtb ... tell me more

Leccybike

Sep 3, 2020
Not London
Ok, i'm new to this stuff and fast running out of time. I have a bus pass, but decided time to revisit cycling, I have 2 rustyish bikes in the shed, tried an e-scooter, but a chance encounter on 'gumtree' lead me to this a petrigo 36v mtb. The frame appears on much dearer 'cheap' import bikes.
I now need your help to make it like your £3k plus flying machines ... ?
Seriously hoping you guys can help me make this a little more. I have option on set of rockshox judy silver tk as a starting point. Unfortunately this opens a whole can of wriggly worms ie. 15x110 boost etc etc
EunorauFour-linkUHVOEbike_3_1800x1800.jpg

Petrigo 36v mtb.jpg

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Welcome ! :)

How does the motor drive the chainring ????

I think you'll have to accept the geometry is going to limit you to some degree.

Ultimately most people have them to have fun on, so if you can have fun on it, you're already at the same level as the 3k,4k,5k,10k bikes.

Leccybike

Sep 3, 2020
Not London
Welcome ! :)

How does the motor drive the chainring ????

I think you'll have to accept the geometry is going to limit you to some degree.

Ultimately most people have them to have fun on, so if you can have fun on it, you're already at the same level as the 3k,4k,5k,10k bikes.

Hi,
Thank you for your wise words. It's hub drive 250 watt. I accept it has very limited capabilities, but the game is to tweak, hack and fettle, but mainly enjoy :)

Last edited:

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I was being dumb and thinking it had some kind of worm drive on the seat post.... but that would be the controller ! :)

A hub motor doesn't mean it's limited. You can still take it places :

dec1.jpg

It does have advantages, like you're less likely to hit the crank area when you drop over things without a chunky motor in the middle. It's also slightly easier to ride over drops as the weights at the back. It'll just handle worse when you're going at 70kph ! :cool:

Nicho

Captain Caption
Subscriber
Jan 4, 2020
Furness, South Cumbria.
Nice view, but thats a rather precarious place to park your bike ...

You obviously have not come across Zimmerframe yet.......... his middle name is "Precarious".
But he does have lots of interesting things to say, and is EXTREMELY entertaining!!!
Look for his comprehensive equipment / clothing reviews if you are interested in getting new gear to go with your new bike.

Leccybike

Sep 3, 2020
Not London
My first cheap upgrade is the rockshox judy tk' these have 15x110 boost axle and true 100mm travel the existing coils have around 70mm and 9mm quick release ... o_O
Question is this upgrade worth the effort ie cheap coils to cheapish airs plus the agg of axle/front wheel change ... ? .. ?

Leccybike

Sep 3, 2020
Not London
I have actually already put softer saddle and better grips on ... both cheap ebay items grips £10 saddle £20 both have improved things the grips especially :)
1.JPG
2.JPG

Leccybike

Sep 3, 2020
Not London
I've clocked up 200k in first 3-4 weeks local nature trails and paths around east london, bike cleaned up as crud ... o_O from dog walking areas needs to be cleaned as bike lives indoors at mo, or until novelty wears off ... ;)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles