Ohlins fork

Mountie

Apr 29, 2018
Canada
Hi,
I had my 18 expert’s ohlins fork rebuilt during the winter and this year I’ve only had 38 hours riding and they are starting to stick again. I’ll drop them off for another lower leg 50 hour service tomorrow. Anyone else having issues with the Ohlins fork?

Simoto123

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Aug 6, 2019
North west
Hi, i am having similar problems with the same fork. Bad stiction when moving from rest position and the same after a heavy stop. Occasionally the fork will jump back up a moment after coming to a stop. I was considering a service but only had the bike a few months.
Did you return your fork for the recall? As my bike is a brand new 18 model I imagine it has not had this modification. I have been reluctant to request the work to be done for fear of more lost saddle time. I have written to spesh about this and other issues last week but no response so far. Let you know if I hear anything.

Mountie

Apr 29, 2018
Canada
Hi, i am having similar problems with the same fork. Bad stiction when moving from rest position and the same after a heavy stop. Occasionally the fork will jump back up a moment after coming to a stop. I was considering a service but only had the bike a few months.
Did you return your fork for the recall? As my bike is a brand new 18 model I imagine it has not had this modification. I have been reluctant to request the work to be done for fear of more lost saddle time. I have written to spesh about this and other issues last week but no response so far. Let you know if I hear anything.

I had the recall done which is only adding thread lock to the fork cap. I bought the lower leg service kits off of Ohlins directly which saved about 100 bucks per kit. The bike shop only charges about 25 pounds to complete the service and it makes a huge difference.

Simoto123

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Aug 6, 2019
North west
Thankyou very much for this information Mountie. More workshop time on the horizon it seems. Nice to know I’ll get a performance improvement into the bargain though.
Cheers

Mountie

Apr 29, 2018
Canada
Just a shame we are having to do 50 hour lower leg services at 36 hours and that’s without riding in mud or rain!

Simoto123

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Aug 6, 2019
North west
Just a shame we are having to do 50 hour lower leg services at 36 hours and that’s without riding in mud or rain!

I agree. Explains a lot. I couldn't quantify hours as such but i live int north. Rain and mud comes standard here. Must be greatly overdue this work to be fair to them. Thanks again

DanDilla

Jun 11, 2018
Germany
. I bought the lower leg service kits off of Ohlins directly which saved about 100 bucks per kit.

Just curious, what is included in the kit? Oil and new O rings and seals?
how much did they charge you for a kit?
looking forward doing a lower myself and was hoping to get away with just new oil.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles