Levo Gen 2 Offered a brand new 2020 Turbo Levo Comp M for £4550 - good price?

DGRJL

Nov 18, 2020
Copenhagen, Denmark
Hi all

New to the forum and looking to get an e-mtb in the nearest future.
Everything and everthing is sold out around me - impossible to get a Levo or Kenevo in the right size. You can get base models, but with the new price heek they make no sense.

What do you think of the above price - is this a deal worth moving forward with?
700wh battery and decent spec will hold value well.

EME

MUPPET
Subscriber
Aug 14, 2020
Zug
You can assume it isnt a 'great' price. If it was it would have sold in the current environment before you finished typing. The market in your own country will be what it is. You can see much evidence here that the UK has overheated. Allegedly due to cancelled orders in March-May 2020. That is rumour.

It goes without saying that condition, history , upgrades/downgrades are everything.
We could easily get involved in semantics here but given that frame and motor are same / similar ( subject to warranty / firmware etc) then the 2021 spec of the 'other bits' is far superior in my opinion, having ridden a 2021 for 10 minutes 3 weeks ago. That is obviously a 'narrow' opinion. Id wait for 2021 model as price increases are just what they are and really depend upon your own values.

AlexR

Oct 10, 2020
Portugal
Is it for a new or used bike?

If it’s new, just one advise: grab it, quickly!

I’ve got the same, at similar price, 1 month ago. Best buying decision and I’m having lots of fun! ?

And you’re right it will keep its value good. Same motor, battery, geometry, frame as 2021 model. ?

Are 2021 components really that much better that justifies paying the higher price? Not in my opinion, £4.550 is a great deal.

DGRJL

Nov 18, 2020
Copenhagen, Denmark
Hi Alex

It’s a brand new bike - standing on showroom floor. I was offered a used one for £4150 so I think a brand new bike. Used bike was 6 months old and a size L which is slightly big for my 5.8,5” so as you mentioned the new bike looks like a pretty fair deal.

Is it for a new or used bike?

If it’s new, just one advise: grab it, quickly!

I’ve got the same, at similar price, 1 month ago. Best buying decision and I’m having lots of fun! ?

And you’re right it will keep its value good. Same motor, battery, geometry, frame as 2021 model. ?

Are 2021 components really that much better that justifies paying the higher price? Not in my opinion, £4.550 is a great deal.

EME

MUPPET
Subscriber
Aug 14, 2020
Zug
I assumed it was second hand :( , no idea on exchange rates and price of 2021 but if you were in UK or France you would grab it before t goes. Really depends what you van 'lock in ' with a dealer for a 2021 I suppose.

James_C

Nov 25, 2019
Kent, UK
whats the RRP of them in copenhagen? the comp was going for £5500 RRP in the UK before the 2021 came out.
The 2020 has the 4 year warranty on the motor which is desirable. (although prepare for a possible motor failure!)

you could spend your life waiting for the next model, or just get one and ride. I'd just buy it, (assuming its the right size) have fun, forget resale values and other less important things.

MSH

Nov 8, 2020
Spain
I got an almost new (440km) 2021 levo sworks for 9k euros. Just saying that spend some time in the used market like Wallapop, you might find some surprises. I even found a shop in wallapop that, allegedly, were laundering money, so they sell new 2021 levo sl for 8999 euros, with the bill of sales and everything..

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
If you've got your heart set on a Levo and you're happy with the spec then buy it, quick, before someone else does.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles