Off the shelf wheel sets for Rise M20

Buggbairn

Subscriber
Sep 13, 2021
Falkirk
This idea might die by the end of this thread and never materialise :ROFLMAO:

I'm considering buying a not overly expensive 2nd set of wheels to set up with tires to run on roads and otherwise smooth surfaces, leave the nobly big tires for the trails and muddy stuff.

Are there any wheelsets available that are available off the shelf or am I having ideas out with my capabilities? (I don't think I'll attempt to build my own sets)

I'm in the UK if any members have a straight link to something I could consider.

Buggbairn

Subscriber
Sep 13, 2021
Falkirk
Bontrager line 30 take offs with the 3 extra paws. Frankly any boost spaced oem take off will be fine for road use.
Thanks, do you mind posting a link to what I'd need please?
I have never bought wheels on their own before.

Landy Andy

Feb 8, 2021
Herts
I don’t know what fits with what, but I’ve got a set of boost wheels that I removed from mine due to a failed freehub. 29” and good apart from needing the freehub rebuilding. I will be putting them in the bin, so will they be any use to you?

Snowrydr01

Dec 15, 2021
Jeeptj01!
I don’t know what fits with what, but I’ve got a set of boost wheels that I removed from mine due to a failed freehub. 29” and good apart from needing the freehub rebuilding. I will be putting them in the bin, so will they be any use to you?

Where are you located?

ebsocalmtb

Sep 29, 2021
Southern-Cal
Just for info... the stock wheels on the m20, and H30 and H15 models are 2,315g with tubeless tape, centerlock adapters (no rotors) and no valve's.

eLZ1wtj.jpg

ebsocalmtb

Sep 29, 2021
Southern-Cal
Those wheels came off the early 21' M series Rises. I believe those hubs were also to be used on the bulk of the H15 series as well, but the spec changed due to availability. I couldn't tell you exactly what hubs they were, they were non-label shimano.

Julie_X1

Jan 22, 2023
Canada
Thanks, do you mind posting a link to what I'd need please?
I have never bought wheels on their own before.
It’s this wheel. I’m in Canada so not sure if it shows up properly for you: Bontrager Line Comp 30 TLR Boost 29 MTB Wheel - Trek Bikes (CA)

The newer ones come stock with 108 points of engagement, meaning the upgrade to 6 pawls has already been integrated from the factory.

I have these wheels and I’m very impressed with them. They sound terrific too.

The ones you can purchase from Trek only have the XD freehub as an option. If your bike needs another type of freehub, I’m guessing you’ll need to purchase that as well. My OEM wheel came on a bike with Shimano and came stock with the microspline freehub.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles