Levo SL Gen 1 Obvious SL question...

myskovon

Aug 12, 2018
Leeds
...But one nobody really talks about - how does the SL get on in a group ride with mates on analogue bikes?

Does it still feel like you are getting a significant amount of help on the climbs? Does it keep up on the tight twisty rocky rooty stuff that sometimes the FF bikes are a big rig to manoeuvre through?

I’ve read loads about the SL not keeping up on a group ride with FF Eebs but that’s not really a concern for me as the majority of my rides are with mates who haven’t seen the light when it comes to emtbs yet.

I know the obvious answer would be to get an analogue bike (which I do have) but friends I ride with do triathlons, ironmans, all don’t have kids so get to ride a bit more etc. So what I’m saying is I still want Epower but wonder if the ride would be more fun on an SL as I wouldn’t be waiting around as long on the climbs or adding extra bits on to do solo whilst they finish off the slog, plus from what I read it’s a real fun bike on the downs.

Lastly does anyone know anywhere within an hour of Leeds who have a demo SL in atm. Spesh Harrogate would be my closest option but theredemo fleet is locked down currently

Konanige

Feb 29, 2020
Mendips
I ride with clockwork riders every week, most of them are way fitter than me, and don't do as heavy a job as me. Most of the time I just ride in Eco and keep in the group, sometimes I may chat with one of the fittest of the group out front in Trail mode, I refrain from Turbo Chat up the steeps so as not to take the piss!! The Sl is just as fast in the tight and twisties as the clockwork bikes, its just ACE.

ImSundee

Jan 20, 2020
Oxford
I only ride with analogue people. Its awesome, allows me to ride with them where I never would be able to. On some of the steeper hills I do pull away a little but its nothing to much.

Eebs

Sep 11, 2019
Sydney, Australia
I rode a bike park with a group of analogues? One rider in particular is extremely fit and is also a roady, in stock eco 35/35 with some effort on climbs I was ahead of him slightly and other uphill sections just behind. Downhills I was easily the fastest even asked how much assistance I was getting from the motor haha.

The remainder of the ride I set the support and power to 35/100 which worked well.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles