Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland

The EMF

🔱 Aquaman 🔱
Subscriber
Nov 4, 2020
South East Northumberland
Just in case this article is national news ..don't believe a word ..its crap and you really shouldn't visit ..??
It’s absolute shite up here nowt to see and nowt to ride, nowhere to get a cuppa why the F anybody would want to come here ??

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
...and usually full of Geordies, Mackems, Smoggies etc. So you can hardly understand anything either. Like being in a warzone half the time (especially on the Kielder Ranges!)...

Rod2H

Apr 2, 2021
Cumbria, UK
The Lakes... joint third? Who writes these things? Hopefully, folk will head to the NE then, and leave more room on our trails.

Meanwhile, we get to go skiing at lunchtime, near Helvellyn :) Terrible here.

E0n2URxXEAMfMb2.jpeg

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
...and usually full of Geordies, Mackems, Smoggies etc. So you can hardly understand anything either. Like being in a warzone half the time (especially on the Kielder Ranges!)...
I'll have you know that Mackems & Smoggies are only let in by prior appointment ..we have standards to upkeep ..?

billwarwick

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 1, 2018
warwick

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
And monkey hangers?
If you are referring to those folk close to 65 miles away who made an error of judgement prior to a Specsavers opening in the town..then they too are only allowed in with a copy of an eye test from an approved optician ..?
To be fair as much as I love Northumberland ..it doesn't match The Lake District for natural beauty ...and if we take Scotland into the equation nothing in my opinion matches The North West Highlands & Islands ..
The article mentions that Northumberland is the least visited of all the National Parks ..and that in itself is its main charm ..peace & tranquility where you can still go into somewhere as vast as The Cheviot Hills and not see another person all day ..but the genie has been out of the bottle for a few years now ..and it's ( covid apart) visitor numbers continue to increase ..which ( I suppose ) can't be a bad thing for its economy ..
Welcome all...( just don't nick the parking space outside my house ) ..?

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
Not yet weather looked grim. I have a week off from the 17th so I’ll do it then.
At least you will have the benefit of a fully re-opened Twist & Shout ..(last section on The Deadwater Trail ..)
I rode it a couple of times in the pissing rain on Sunday ..the first section is untouched with the tree cover intact and while the re-instated felled section is probably better in terms of the trail itself ..it doesn't seem as fast without the trees forming " tunnel cover "
Hats off though to the F.C.for finding the funds to re-instate it & to Russell and the team for their excellent work ..
It helps when the person responsible for trail maintenance is an mtb rider ( and a good one at that ..) ?
20210503_130510~2.jpg

Last edited:

Rod2H

Apr 2, 2021
Cumbria, UK
Rod ..don't you dare send folk our way ..if that's what you want start your own thread ?
Don't worry... signs round here as so misleading, they will all be lost en-route anyway? Similar to folks and their caravans with SatNav telling them that Hardknott Pass is a good plan, and the shortest route? Question is...where to? :rolleyes:

Rod2H

Apr 2, 2021
Cumbria, UK
At least you will have the benefit of a fully re-opened Twist & Shout ..(last section on The Deadwater Trail ..)
I rode it a couple of times in the pissing rain on Sunday ..the first section is untouched with the tree cover intact and while the re-instated felled section is probably better in terms of the trail itself ..it doesn't seem as fast without the trees forming " tunnel cover "
Hats off though to the F.C.for finding the funds to re-instate it & to Russell and the team for their excellent work ..
It helps when the person responsible for trail maintenance is an mtb rider ( and a good one at that ..) ? View attachment 60708
That looks pretty promising!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles