NM from New Jersey looking for my first E-MTB

Feb 23, 2019
New Jersey
Currently the Specialized Turbo Kenevo is leading for my decision. They just updated the Levo so I feel I'll be buying old technology once they apply this to the Kenevo, probably any day now. I'm early 50's and just mountain bike for exercise so I want something as user friendly as possible if I decide to do something more challenging with a max price of $6,000. Suggestions and recommendations where to buy is always appreciated.

Last edited:

bigdrop

Feb 1, 2019
Arizona
I'm on a 2018 Levo and wonder why Kenevo over the Levo? I ride with a guy on a Kenevo and unless you like a lot of jumping and need the extra suspension wouldn't know why not the Levo. The 2019 Levo has the battery upgrade - 40% larger, but the videos I've watched make the new smaller size Brose motor seem like it's pretty noisy, much more so than the 2018.

Feb 23, 2019
New Jersey
I'm on a 2018 Levo and wonder why Kenevo over the Levo? I ride with a guy on a Kenevo and unless you like a lot of jumping and need the extra suspension wouldn't know why not the Levo. The 2019 Levo has the battery upgrade - 40% larger, but the videos I've watched make the new smaller size Brose motor seem like it's pretty noisy, much more so than the 2018.

I'm thinking the Kenevo with it's longer suspension, would be more forgiving if I decide to do things more extreme. I'm trying to figure the pros and cons of Levo vs. Kenevo. The obvious one is the Levo has the upgraded battery and motor, which I would think the Kenevo would be getting soon. The Kenevo is probably a little bit heavier. Also interested in any other All Mountain E-bike suggestions that have 160mm full suspension or more with a 6K price cap

dirt huffer

E*POWAH Master
Dec 3, 2018
Minneapolis
Is this new bike going to double as your DH / freeride bike? That's sort of what the Kenevo leans towards. But since it's an eBike it will climb just as well as a XC bike...

If neither of these fit, a 150/160mm travel bike might open up more options for you. There are way more all mountain ebikes available than freeride ebikes at the moment

akarob

Feb 19, 2019
CT shoreline
Where to buy? You will have to search bike shops in your area and see what brands they carry and support. Visit their web pages as a place to start.

Feb 23, 2019
New Jersey
Is this new bike going to double as your DH / freeride bike? That's sort of what the Kenevo leans towards. But since it's an eBike it will climb just as well as a XC bike...

If neither of these fit, a 150/160mm travel bike might open up more options for you. There are way more all mountain ebikes available than freeride ebikes at the moment

Yes, there are some bike parks near me that I'd also like to be able to use the bike on. I don't launch off huge jumps or anything. I just want a bike that is forgiving as possible if I'm in over my head. Although, I'm sure plenty of people do bike parks with 160mm or less suspension. I am also looking at all-mountain ebikes with ~ 160mm suspension.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles