Nicolai eboxx - anyone tried

wepn

The Barking Owl ?
Jul 18, 2019
AU
Would love to get feedback from anyone that has ridden the nicolai eboxx?
No but I want one regardless. Also the R&M Superdelight GT Rohloff E-14, despite the name & inclusion of ABS brakes.

£8,622
AU$15,325
US$11,274
€9,543

Fully loaded $$$ and I think Nicolai eboxx e14 is priced similarly. They’re still better value than just about any other equivalent priced motorised vehicle IMO.

Superdelite – the endurance athlete | Riese & Müller

R&M Superdelight E-14.jpg

Last edited:

Josephpemtb

Apr 22, 2020
Colorado
Yes!

Living In Colorado and wanted the most bulletproof bike I could get my hands on. Ordered June last year and arrived early December. Was patient and took my first ride on Christmas Day.

With snow and ice on so many trails I’m still in the process of dialing it all in and 120 miles isn’t a good sample size yet. But here are my initial pros and cons for what it’s worth.

Pros so far: Sent it down some steep sketchy wildlife and drain line trails with a mix of mid size rock/boulders (the size of baby watermelons), hard pack dirt, wild scrub, snow and ice last week. The bikes weight and length kept it so planted, basically point and shoot and hang on! I love the EMTB mode combined with the electronic shifting and belt drive. Never been so confident pushing a bike through any set of obstacles knowing it’s near bulletproof. Steep technical climbing was an absolute pleasure, literally just picked a gear and rode up some narrow, steep rocky sections and never even thought about weight placement. Oh ... and it’s so quiet, the carbon belt drive is noiseless.

Cons so far: With high/low damping and rebound on forks and shocks it’s taking me a while to dial it in. This will pay off in the long run and eventually be a pro. There is a learning curve given how slack it is (I’m coming from a Specialized Levo). The weight of the bike is real, and I exacerbated it by adding Cush Core inserts front and back (CO trails are brutal). It’s taking me some time to adapt to and trust the electric gear changes which means I’m not “in flow” yet on the trails. You don’t want to run out of battery (I intentionally did to see how hard I’d have to work to get home). Because I bought it direct from DE I had to stick with the European compliant speed restriction of 16mph. Keeping up with my riding crew on fire trails sucks as they cruise at 20mph.

In summary I’m loving it so far and going to enjoy putting a few thousand miles on it this summer. I’ll update this as the weather changes and I can get out more If there’s interest.

20E4AABD-15D5-4196-A6F3-202E2555C77B.jpeg

38E4D892-9D9D-48C5-8EC9-943D1874E336.jpeg

80817D99-C9CD-4C07-AB09-3FF32A481E52.jpeg

Gandalf

Dec 16, 2020
Germany
Hi my name ist Erwin i'm from germany :)

I got my first Nicolai in April 2017
1611404934006.png

ca. 2600 km an 120000 Altitude meters

Second Nicolai with Rohloff E14 :) came December 2018
IMG_2471.JPEG
IMG_2439.JPEG

over 9000 km and 250000 Altitude meters Including AlpineX in 2019

here a german forum you get many information about the Nicolai Bike

Regards Erwin

BrentD

Jun 25, 2020
New Zealand
Because I bought it direct from DE I had to stick with the European compliant speed restriction of 16mph. Keeping up with my riding crew on fire trails sucks as they cruise at 20mph.
Beautiful bike.

One would imagine you could get the firmware updated at any Bosch service centre in the US to locally compliant 20 mph setting. You might have to pay a few dollars since you didn't buy the bike from them but it shouldn't be too expensive (~$20) as it only takes a few minutes.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles