Newest firmware update 2017/2018 levo

ady

Mar 27, 2019
Bristol
Hi gents, got a FW question I can't find the answer to on here, hope you can help!

My 2018 levo expert only puts out 560w - I understand that updating the motor FW to 5.0.4 might sort it out (my mates bike puts out 700w+)

However I have the .22 FW on the battery and don't want to lose the cm=0 behaviour, my question is how to update the motor FW only?

Is the only way to put someone elses battery on the bike for the update? If so then will motor 5.0.4 work with battery v22?

Cheers :)

Mar 24, 2019
Sherwood Forest
Hi gents, got a FW question I can't find the answer to on here, hope you can help!

My 2018 levo expert only puts out 560w - I understand that updating the motor FW to 5.0.4 might sort it out (my mates bike puts out 700w+)

However I have the .22 FW on the battery and don't want to lose the cm=0 behaviour, my question is how to update the motor FW only?

Is the only way to put someone elses battery on the bike for the update? If so then will motor 5.0.4 work with battery v22?

Cheers :)
Hi Ady. I have contacted the ebike manager at Rutland cycles regarding this issue. He informed me that.. 'There was an update which limited peak power for several months. There is now an update out which rectifies this, so he needs that applying.'
My local Specialized store are aware of this problem and say they can "force an update" regardless of whether 5.0.0 or 5.0.4 is currently installed. It's booked in next week.

dreads6

Mar 25, 2019
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

I've got a 2018 levo and i checked on belevo and i'm only getting 577 MAX Watts
My motor firmware is 5.0.0 & Battery is 4.16.3

Do i need to get either firmware updated to get up to 700 Watts peak power?

And if i do can i just go into any local specialized dealer to ask them to update it? (i brought my levo second hand not new if that makes any difference?)

DaiGaled

Jul 9, 2018
Pencoed
Hi Guys

I've got a 2018 levo and i checked on belevo and i'm only getting 577 MAX Watts
My motor firmware is 5.0.0 & Battery is 4.16.3

Do i need to get either firmware updated to get up to 700 Watts peak power?

And if i do can i just go into any local specialized dealer to ask them to update it? (i brought my levo second hand not new if that makes any difference?)
Mine was 5.0.0 and the update to 5.0.4 made a big difference. My LBS did my update despite the fact I didn’t buy from them.

Twilson9488

Aug 4, 2018
Florida
I have a 2017 specialized Levo (base model). My motor firmware is 4.0.1 (S/N C16162-110160111-1-0042) and the battery is 4.16.3. Should I upgrade? I’ve read mixed reviews.

Also I’m not impressed with the new Mission Control app... probably because I’m on old firmware. It doesn’t show charging status, also the old app had my battery health at 98%, and the new app has it at 100%... so that’s kind of a good thing.

Mar 24, 2019
Sherwood Forest
My local Specialized store successfully updated my motor from 5.0.0 to 5.0.4 and the max power is now up to 790W. Unfortunately (maybe) they also (in my absence) updated the battery firmware to 10.23.3, despite me asking them not to. I'm not yet sure whether to try and get it put back or not.

dreads6

Mar 25, 2019
United Kingdom
My local Specialized store successfully updated my motor from 5.0.0 to 5.0.4 and the max power is now up to 790W. Unfortunately (maybe) they also (in my absence) updated the battery firmware to 10.23.3, despite me asking them not to. I'm not yet sure whether to try and get it put back or not.
Why? What's up with the battery update?

Mar 24, 2019
Sherwood Forest
When I collected my bike after the updates I was told that " new motor firmware was not recognised" so they updated the battery firmware too. I'm going to ask them if it's possible to roll back the battery firmware.

dreads6

Mar 25, 2019
United Kingdom
Took my levo in to Chris at Berkshire cycles today not sure what he did in the workshop but i think got mixed up and brought me a different bike out she's now a beast!!!!!

Much more powerfull in all 3 modes, very pleased indeed!

Kim

Apr 27, 2019
Norway
Took my dealer 3 attempts to update my bike to 5.0.4 firmware. Every failed attempt Turbo said the update was successfull, but i only got 15amps. 3. attempt it worked. "Force update" was ON all tries.

When we get 20amps, its 33% stronger compared to 15 amps. Anyone know what support setting eco and trail should be on now compared to when we had 15 amps... 33% less support?

Mikejones

Nov 4, 2022
Austin
Newbie question. When they update the 2017 firmware how do they update the motor? I ask my LBS when they updated my battery’s firmware and he had no real answer. Also just had my battery updated and now it’s bricked. Showing 5 red lights and they say the error code says to replace.

outerlimits

E*POWAH BOSS
Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
Australia
Newbie question. When they update the 2017 firmware how do they update the motor? I ask my LBS when they updated my battery’s firmware and he had no real answer. Also just had my battery updated and now it’s bricked. Showing 5 red lights and they say the error code says to replace.
All the firmware is in the battery. The motor just takes signals from the battery

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles