Newbie needs a E Bike Rack

Ka8

Aug 4, 2020
UK
Hello a newbie question here - I am trying to get a bike rack tried and tested for my Turbo Vado E bike (not SL) and its too heavy for my current one on - it needs to be ball hitch mounted and lockable but clearance for the tyre on back door of Landrover defender. Any one got or used one please as I like tried and tested by real people if possible.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Pretty sure there are a few companies that make carries that fit onto the spare wheel mount, so swing open with the door - if not there are products like this

and I think an American company does one too, cant remember the name though

Reactions: Ka8

Ka8

Aug 4, 2020
UK
Pretty sure there are a few companies that make carries that fit onto the spare wheel mount, so swing open with the door - if not there are products like this

Thank you for quick reply I have been in touch to see how soon they could supply one - so many places out of stock now.

pegasus

Feb 23, 2019
Shropshire
works well and has done for 2 habikes, and 2 canyon spectral-on's also is fine for my voodoo bizango e bike.
I use it for me, otherwise can't deny the van is easier. Just have to remember to cover up motor and also the brakes from any road crud or they can get contaminated.

FSEngineer

Jul 14, 2020
Kent
I use a Thule Easyfold XT, you might find that the clearance is low enough to fit under the spare tyre on a defender - if you're anywhere near Kent you're welcome to come and see if it fits!

AFNZ

Jun 11, 2021
New Zealand
Hello a newbie question here - I am trying to get a bike rack tried and tested for my Turbo Vado E bike (not SL) and its too heavy for my current one on - it needs to be ball hitch mounted and lockable but clearance for the tyre on back door of Landrover defender. Any one got or used one please as I like tried and tested by real people if possible.
GripSport make a really good range of racks that will suit although not sure if they are available outside Australia and New Zealand I would have preferred theirs over the Thule but in the end Thule suits our caravan better

Dr335

Jun 17, 2021
Melbourne
I use a Thule Easyfold XT, you might find that the clearance is low enough to fit under the spare tyre on a defender - if you're anywhere near Kent you're welcome to come and see if it fits!
They're a great carrier, but I've had a couple of problems when 2 bikes are on it, even though it's designed to carry 2.... the arms on the grippers just don't reach through to the outer e.. bike frame. But the wheels are REALLY well anchored

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles