Newbie into Mtb and Ebikes.

Wiltshire Warrior

E*POWAH Master
Jul 3, 2018
Poole
Specialized lost me as a customer this year due to "selling out" in the UK. I searched for 2 months for a Basic FSR Levo in XL - in the end though I ended up with a way better specced C'dale Bosch for the same money, and knowing what I know now, I would not have waited after all!!!!

Also I would wager that there wont be much new offered - in terms of motor or battery

the new Hard tail range is available in *pub bike spec - will be interesting to see if they do an FSR like this

* Pub bike spec:
  • SR Suntour XCM32 Fork
  • Shimano Acera * Speed Drivetrain
  • Shimano BR-MT200 Hydraulic Disc Brakes

Sbozzy

Jul 29, 2018
Derby, UK
Tried a Shimano Steps system today in a focus Jam2... very impressed to be honest. Lighter than the specialized levo and just as easy to pedal with motor off. Very quiet.
The motor is a little twitchy on and off the power but mainly in boost mode trail and eco are great.
Decisions decisions!

Smaller battery is a slight concern but then it’s also lighter than the levo.

Anyone with a jam2 for feedback?

I’d be looking at either the Jam2 plus
Or the Jam2 C plus (carbon)

Rick

Aug 10, 2018
Italy
55 yo doing 600m climbs in the alps (offroad) got a CUBE bike with the Bosch motor, Hard tail = hard work. Swapped to a levo FS never looked back. Power delivery can be the same, but with the power off, the Specialized is worlds ahead.
Fantic also has a good FS setup but the thing that sets the Specialized apart is the software, you can set it up in a way that is best for your ride.
Dont judge or flame me if I have repeated something from above, just an old guy enjoying his ebike.

@DaiGaled wise to wait, I got a good deal on a 2018 bike, otherwise I would have waited too.

DaiGaled

Jul 9, 2018
Pencoed
55 yo doing 600m climbs in the alps (offroad) got a CUBE bike with the Bosch motor, Hard tail = hard work. Swapped to a levo FS never looked back. Power delivery can be the same, but with the power off, the Specialized is worlds ahead.
Fantic also has a good FS setup but the thing that sets the Specialized apart is the software, you can set it up in a way that is best for your ride.
Dont judge or flame me if I have repeated something from above, just an old guy enjoying his ebike.

@DaiGaled wise to wait, I got a good deal on a 2018 bike, otherwise I would have waited too.
I wish I was that wise. I had a good deal on a 2018 comp so I took the plunge. It arrived today and been out for a 20 mile run. Absolutely amazed by the power delivery and how quiet it is. ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles