Newbie from UK Liverpool area

Fd3chris

Oct 22, 2023
United Kingdom
Hi guys I've just bought my first ebike, a trek fuel exe 9.5 bottom of the range. I haven't ridden it yet, as literally got it yesterday. I've changed the bars, stem, forks, wheels and tyres so far to get it somewhere close to how I want it. I think brakes might be next but I like Trps so will try them out first.

Mamba90

Subscriber
May 19, 2023
Wirral
Welcome. That's some quick upgrades. My wife would have gone mental if I was switching stuff out immediately. I have to do it gradually.

Fd3chris

Oct 22, 2023
United Kingdom
To be fair I did get it in a sale so my total spend is still way under the rrp. My girlfriend just keeps her opinions hidden until an appropriate moment lol

Mamba90

Subscriber
May 19, 2023
Wirral
Since purchasing my Whyte E160 I have upgraded: grips, handlebar, stem, headset and cranks (155cm). My next purchase will be brakes. Most likely Hope V4. I'd also like an AXS dropper but they will need to be this side of £400 before I even consider it.

Nomad1

Apr 2, 2023
Since purchasing my Whyte E160 I have upgraded: grips, handlebar, stem, headset and cranks (155cm). My next purchase will be brakes. Most likely Hope V4. I'd also like an AXS dropper but they will need to be this side of £400 before I even consider it.
400 right :LOL:that's not going to happen not that I don't think there over priced.

Fd3chris

Oct 22, 2023
United Kingdom
I think I have changed most of the weak areas of the bike. As this is my first ebike I wanted it as light as I can afford, after buying it. It even feels noticeably lighter when picking it up. The forks and wheels were very heavy. I doubt i will spend much more on it now. It's time to ride it and see if I actually enjoy ebiking! I'm guessing I will 👍

Fd3chris

Oct 22, 2023
United Kingdom
Well that wasn't a good start. Very first ride on a 10 mile road loop from my house and error 5401 constantly on. Switching on and off does nothing so back it goes to dealer.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles