Newbie alert. First question.

Cseven

May 25, 2021
Seattle
Hey everyone I am looking to get my first EMTB but I’m conflicted on whether I should wait for the 2022 line up or snag the current Santa cruz bullit cc s. The reason why I would be willing to wait is because of the future tech that 2022 ebikes might have over the 2021 bikes. Do you think the 2022 will have a significant tech upgrades like a non rattle more efficient shimano I ep8 and battery upgrade?
Thanks!

Neeko DeVinchi

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Dec 31, 2020
UK
Hey everyone I am looking to get my first EMTB but I’m conflicted on whether I should wait for the 2022 line up or snag the current Santa cruz bullit cc s. The reason why I would be willing to wait is because of the future tech that 2022 ebikes might have over the 2021 bikes. Do you think the 2022 will have a significant tech upgrades like a non rattle more efficient shimano I ep8 and battery upgrade?
Thanks!
Doubtful their will be significant changes in terms of motor/battery. Incidentally, reports show that the 'rattle' is more pronounced in carbon frames. Whilst I'm aware that Santa Cruz use a particular type of weaving for Carbon, I suspect that any noise dampening they implement could/would be retrofitted to previous models which use the EP8 motor.
Best advice @Cseven , try one and see how you feel.
I will say this, the Bullet comes well spec'd for the intended use ?

flash

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Wamberal, NSW Australia
Thanks!

The EP8 rattle is there but like many others, it bothers me less than I thought it might. I know it's supposed to be there so I kind of block it out, if that makes sense. And the motor is quieter than the e8000 was when pedaling. I noticed the e8000 motor whine more than I do the ep8 rattle.

If you can find a bike in your size, in stock, I'd buy it.

Gordon

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Unlikely to be any changes to the Shimano suite of motors for another couple of years at least - aside from the fact that the EP8 is still relatively new, they also have a huge backlog in the supply chain to clear first before they even think about releasing an updated motor.

They might of course bring out another motor covering the lightweight sector, though that seems unlikely given the EP8 RS seen in the Orbea rise.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles