New wheels - Hunt Enduro Wide

TPP

Oct 1, 2018
Leeds
Had my first ride on some new wheels today. Hunt Enduro Wide 27.5s
HUNT Enduro Wide MTB Wheelset
The Roval traverses which came with the bike were fairly buckled after 400km despite being trued twice. I decided to replace them after a big ding to the rear wheel meant it would no longer seal tubeless. (caused by a torn sidewall while descending a steep rocky trail)
Initial impression is that they seem very good for the price of £359. I'll let you know how they are doing after a few hundred Km

Kiwi73

Dec 15, 2018
Brisbane, Australia
I just found these as well.
I've done the same thing to my wheels as you have and they need replacing.
I like that the Hunt rear wheel is 36 spokes and the front is 32.
I really need a stronger rear wheel.

TPP

Oct 1, 2018
Leeds
I had to return my set as the pawls in freehub all snapped off and ratchet ring broke as well. Comes with an alloy freehub body as well which the cassette eats. Customer service was excellent and gave me a full refund. I wouldn’t recommend for an emtb though. I’m looking at the new hope fortus 30s. I’ve spoken with hope and they’ve said they are suitable for emtbs

Max-E

Apr 30, 2019
UK
The new Hope Fortus are a great buy - the 30 model has the DH type reinforced rims but the 35 is another option without the extra weight. Be sure to spec the steel freehub body not alu.

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
The new lightened onyx hubs could be worth considering. The instant engagement and bomber sprague clutch seems like a perfect app for emtb. Lite bicycles is offering them as an option on their wheels . The new shimano freehub body is an option on it as well(can't remember what shimano is calling it, micro spline?)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles