New TV needed - 65"

2WheelsNot4

E*POWAH Master
Oct 17, 2021
Scotland
Budget will be about £700
Requirements-
A good sharp pic with plenty of vibrant colours.
I PC game, and also use the TV as a monitor.Not really that into gaming these days, but i like to have the occasional game of Planetside 2. I think it needs a fast response time, but i don't know enough really about that type of thing so advice is always welcome
Not really more than £700, that's about the limit
Sony preferred, or Samsung, but any other make so long as it is good quality.

DrStupid

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
One point of consideration, if you expect, or need audio output jacks, make sure to check. My new Samsung 75 QLED has only bluetooth, optical, and something called Hdmi e-arc, that seems compatible only with new audio equipment. My 10 year only audio system has no way to interface with the new TV. Other than that, the picture is outstanding.

2WheelsNot4

E*POWAH Master
Oct 17, 2021
Scotland
Good point, though I think with modern systems and the advent of sound bars and satellite speaker systems, most options are covered. But I'll add that into my 'things to check for'
Cheers :cool:

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
I love a bit of richer sounds.
I have the 75" 4k jobby, bloody good for what I paid a few years ago. As @DrStupid said about the outputs, my Yamaha amp pics up the E-Arc or the Optical but it also connects to the Sonos, so there are options. when the PlayStation is connected through the amp it works out what the best route is and uses that.

This looks a bargain though,

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
When I was a student, a thousand years ago, Julian Richer gave a talk to us bunch of hairy wasters. Inspiring guy & refreshingly candid to the point I considered working for him after graduation. I never did but every pound I've ever spent on audio gear ever since went his way.

Sample tale: He had a goal of making enough to buy a Rolls Royce. Made it obvs, but hated the car so instead of selling it, made it part of the bonus deal for the best performing branch to smoke around in each month!

Shjay

Apr 30, 2019
Kent
Just had to replace our tv recently, went with a Hisense knew nothing of brand but came up in google searches far superior than previous LG & Sony TV’s of similar price, get a lot of tech for the money

2WheelsNot4

E*POWAH Master
Oct 17, 2021
Scotland
I have the 75" 4k jobby, bloody good for what I paid a few years ago. As @DrStupid said about the outputs, my Yamaha amp pics up the E-Arc or the Optical but it also connects to the Sonos, so there are options. when the PlayStation is connected through the amp it works out what the best route is and uses that.

I'll add it to the list thanks. still a few to find. I was thinking of this one.

I know there are different series - the one you've posted being a 7000 series, and there's 8000 and 9000, but im never swayed that a higher or later series automatically makes it a better tv. So its always a faff around researching everything, to find what is suitable.

tomato paste

Mar 18, 2019
Germany
Have you thought about a projector instead? We just got an LG Adagio 2.0 + JBL Bluetooth speaker, cost less than your budget and gives a 100+ inch image. We just plug it in and set it on a coffee table and project right onto the wall.

2WheelsNot4

E*POWAH Master
Oct 17, 2021
Scotland

Thanks for the link, it led to this one. Typical, just another hundred quid which you always seem to be able to justify, 75" version.

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
Thanks for the link, it led to this one. Typical, just another hundred quid which you always seem to be able to justify, 75" version.
And that's what I have. it's big and the box is the biggest box ever lol. hope you're getting it delivered or have a van to collect it.

2WheelsNot4

E*POWAH Master
Oct 17, 2021
Scotland
I was hoping for more specific recommendations. So anyone any experience of either a Hisense U7QF or a Samsung AU9000(or AU9007 which is the same price as the 9000)
So far im leaning towards the Hisense, given its qled, and from reviews so far many reviewers feel unlike Sony/samsung etc the profit margins are less, to enable a better spec.
But still on review stage and bloody hell there's so many to choose between its hard to know without specific recommendations from people who have either.

Last edited:

Shjay

Apr 30, 2019
Kent
I have the Hisense 50 Inch 50A7GQTUK 4K UHD HDR QLED Freeview TV which I think I excellent tv for the money & far superior picture Quality to my last LG or Sony tv

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles