New to emtb's - considering Cannondale Moterra

Grace_uz

Feb 6, 2021
Tasmania
Hi everyone, thanks for having me! Just test rode my first emtb's today, a Focus thron2 6.7 and Cannondale Moterra neo 3. MY LBS has quite a good deal on the Moterra but do worry it's quite heavy for a carbon emtb...has anyone got a solid weight on one of those? have seen between 24-27kg! That said it felt pretty good and I intend on upgrading everything on it over time as it's fairly basic spec wise.

Anyway, greetings from Tasmania, Australia :)

Grace

Grace_uz

Feb 6, 2021
Tasmania
Thanks, will do! I know I can save some weight with the forks and the group set - maybe wheels as well? Probably going full fox factory on it, not sure if 36 or 38 - 36 will save more weight. Thinking about Sram Axs for the gears. Will just run it as is for the next few months and see how it goes. I upgraded from the purion to the kiox before I picked it up.

Grace_uz

Feb 6, 2021
Tasmania
Yes it seems that’s the consensus! I’m leaning towards the 38’s anyway- it’s not going to be a featherweight either way :LOL:

Ian986

Apr 21, 2021
Surrey
I have just ordered one of these as got really good deal do to the cube bike I purchased last week not having keys for battery or any other paperwork. Just panicking a bit as not even seen one, just a picture on web site .I tried to look up some reviews and can’t seem to find any on that bike. It was this or
Specialized Turbo Levo SL Comp Alloy 2020

Phil_st

Apr 25, 2021
Gold Coast Queensland Australia
I have just ordered one of these as got really good deal do to the cube bike I purchased last week not having keys for battery or any other paperwork. Just panicking a bit as not even seen one, just a picture on web site .I tried to look up some reviews and can’t seem to find any on that bike. It was this or
I tested the moterra neo 3 the other day it felt awesome!! (I am a newbie though still looking myself) only thing that stopped me from concidering it was the 500wh battery , it it had the bigger battery I would of already been on one.

I tested the Moterra Neo 2 recently. My review is on my YT-channel if you are interested (link in signature, look the Reviews section).

Last edited:

Ian986

Apr 21, 2021
Surrey
I tested the moterra neo 3 the other day it felt awesome!! (I am a newbie though still looking myself) only thing that stopped me from concidering it was the 500wh battery , it it had the bigger battery I would of already been on one.
Well according to all spec I have seen has a 625 battery but only on 2021 model I hope that is right.

BFB510AB-16E8-4553-8FC3-51504D7C7981.jpeg

Ian986

Apr 21, 2021
Surrey
Hopefully the spec is correct on the web site

can you post the link to your review please I can’t find it I have watch loads of your videos this morning

The place where you was riding the trek 9.9 looked stunning.

Ian986

Apr 21, 2021
Surrey
Let’s hope so! The bike I looked at was the cannondale moterra NEO 3 the spec you have there is the 3+ Must be a new thing if so that’s changes everything as that bike felt great!

To be honest I am well out of my depth here.
This is why I joined the forum as I really don’t have a clue have to believe what the bike shop tells me

kind of got my head around the battery’s and motors now just the components to figure out

The cube I had which cost 3800 seems to have similar components-to the Cannondale which cost 1950 more.

really surprised me the gears seem to be lower spec on the cannondale
Unless I have read wrong
SX Eagle is lower tan NX Eagle ?

Ian986

Apr 21, 2021
Surrey
I have been looking around all week driving myself crazy. Watching way to many tube videos? most seem to be on the Moterra Neo 2

I think I am going to with the Cannondale I might upgrade the rear derailleur to a GX if I think it needs it as £110. Also Thinking of upgrading the purion to Kiox because the display on the purism looks like an old Nokia, but apparently Cannondale has a really cool app that tells you where you have been and avg speed max speed so will try that first then if not I will upgrade.

Ian986

Apr 21, 2021
Surrey
Had bike for 2 weeks now, I am getting used to it did a nice ride today as bought my girlfriend a emtb too. On the way home pedal felt strange like it was bent, so had a look the pedal has come undone tried to re tighten ,but the pedal only goes half way in the stops. The tread in the crank look damaged off to the bike shop tomorrow I hope they can re tap the thread.

E878FCCE-51A4-48FA-9F89-118EE9CAE3D5.jpeg

1C6B97EC-D70C-45B1-8306-D45E60E8744D.jpeg

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles