New to E-Bikes, West Sussex UK!

AaronMc

Aug 12, 2020
UK
Hi All,

I have been watching over the site for the last week or so, having been considering changing my Scott Hardtail for a E Bike (Most likely Turbo Levo SL Comp).

i used to ride a Specialized FS when I was around 16, done it for a few years then life took over and just got back into it in lockdown, and have been out most days so feel like I can justify the full works now I know I love it as much as before.

Ride over South Downs and trails around that area if anyone else if based around there?

Still debating which bike to go for but will post in the relevant sections to get some more advice!

Look forward to speaking with you all soon!

Jimbo1975!

Aug 11, 2020
Isle of Wight, UK
Alright Aaron, I've not long purchased my Turbo Levo SL Comp and can highly recommend it. If you're after a full fat bike though I'd just go with the Turbo Levo as it has X4 Rider Assist as apposed to X2 Rider Assist. I went for the SL Comp as I still wanted to get a good ride in and just have to extra power when needed to get up the steeper inclines.

Good luck with your search and choice. Lots of good advice on here.

AaronMc

Aug 12, 2020
UK
Thanks for the reply! Glad to hear you are enjoying the SL.

I am the same as you, want to keep the effort up as I am only 28, and ride my hardtail without issues. When I rode a friends Turbo Levo this week, I got to the top of a forest climb we do and felt I hadn’t done a thing, so that makes me feel the SL is right for me and what I do.

Plus I’m getting a good deal on it and can have one in 4 days, the full fat is November!

Jimbo1975!

Aug 11, 2020
Isle of Wight, UK
Thanks for the reply! Glad to hear you are enjoying the SL.

I am the same as you, want to keep the effort up as I am only 28, and ride my hardtail without issues. When I rode a friends Turbo Levo this week, I got to the top of a forest climb we do and felt I hadn’t done a thing, so that makes me feel the SL is right for me and what I do.

Plus I’m getting a good deal on it and can have one in 4 days, the full fat is November!
Im 45 mate. Loads of life left in my legs. I'm in the military and got a good discount on mine. 2 weeks later the bike went from £5k to £5250 for some reason. Yeah if it feels like you've done nothing, whats the point. OK you still enjoy yourself because you like what you're doing. But we also bike to keep fit.

Jimbo1975!

Aug 11, 2020
Isle of Wight, UK
Rutland Cycles offer 10% off. I went to my local high street dealer and asked if he could match it. He offered 7.5% so I ordered from him. Keep the high street alive and all that.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles