New Rail

TooTallPaul

Oct 28, 2020
Bend, Oregon
Hello everyone, Not sure exactly where to post this so sorry if I should have done it somewhere else. I just purchased a Trek Rail 7 and haven't even ridden it. I was putting frame protection on and I noticed that the sprocket teeth are almost touching the chain stay. The teeth come to within about 1mm of hitting the stay. I am worried that this is a real problem. My bike is an XL but it doesn't seem that should matter. Can any owner look at their Trek Rail and let me know how close the sprocket teeth are to the chain stay? Believe me I'd already be back at the bike store but I travelled a long way to get it. Thanks!

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Hello everyone, Not sure exactly where to post this so sorry if I should have done it somewhere else. I just purchased a Trek Rail 7 and haven't even ridden it. I was putting frame protection on and I noticed that the sprocket teeth are almost touching the chain stay. The teeth come to within about 1mm of hitting the stay. I am worried that this is a real problem. My bike is an XL but it doesn't seem that should matter. Can any owner look at their Trek Rail and let me know how close the sprocket teeth are to the chain stay? Believe me I'd already be back at the bike store but I travelled a long way to get it. Thanks!
You might want to do a search. I’ve seen some others in here with a similar issue.(with pics). I’m not sure what the solution is.
Or start a new post. My rail seems to be fine.

Marley

Jan 28, 2021
VA

This is a L Rail 7 with 1/4" of clearance.....1mm seems tight.
20210330_143324.jpg

Paul Mac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
There's got to be batch with the wrong off set chainrings, or a spacer or something missing?

BrentD

Jun 25, 2020
New Zealand
The full carbon frame bikes seem to have a tighter clearance on a 34T chainring than the aluminium alloy ones. The clearance on my Rail 9.8 is only about 2mm.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles