New Rail 9 and question

DJRumble

Jan 24, 2021
Australia
Hi all

Got my first eMTB last week. The Rail 9. Wow i love this thing. Have not been on a MTB for a long while since surgery. Climbing and descending are insane.

How many of you converted to tubeless ? The Trek website says “You’re ready to roll straight out of the box with the included TLR Rim strips, valves and sealant.

Did you get this with your bike ? Mine has tubes in it. Did they give you sealant and valves and rim strips ?

Want to double check before I call the bike shop.

Chris

Slapbassmunky

Aug 1, 2020
Isle of wight
When I told the shop I was coming to pick the bike up they installed the tubeless kit for me. So I'd guess yours should have came with the rim strips and some sealant if you have the tubes installed out the box....

Kernow

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
Yes mine also came tubeless , fluid installed , I don’t think they have tubes in from the factory . Just let a bit if air out see if there’s fluid , I was surprised to find it all done ,

Yoak

Apr 5, 2020
Norway
I Get my Treks right from the importer. If they come tubeless, they are without the fluid (learned this the hard way) I think the thinking is that the factory doesn’t know how long the bike will sit before it’s sold and the fluid might dry out. So they ship 2 battles of fluid that (normally) the bike shop will use to fill up the tiers before it’s sold.
Slash 8 and Rail 9.8 came this way I think. A Fuel ex 7 came with tubes, but I just took them out and poured in some sealant. Most rims seems taped from the factory

My Fuel ex 7 came W

Doug Stampfer

Jul 7, 2018
NZ
I would suggest that you get rid of the plasticy/rubber strip & put in some standard tubeless tape if you're going tubeles as I've found the thickness of the strip makes it a lot harder to put some stubborn thicker tyres on - esp if you are installing cushcores.
For a big beast they're certainly a pretty nimble bike when the need arises! Have fun

Kernow

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
I would suggest that you get rid of the plasticy/rubber strip & put in some standard tubeless tape if you're going tubeles as I've found the thickness of the strip makes it a lot harder to put some stubborn thicker tyres on - esp if you are installing cushcores.
For a big beast they're certainly a pretty nimble bike when the need arises! Have fun
Didn’t find that at all tyres were easy to fit , but I have found cushcore can be difficult to fit and feel heavy . I like the rim strips so much more reliable than tape . . I find the foam inserts like rat bite so much better all round and much cheaper

DJRumble

Jan 24, 2021
Australia
Thanks all. The dealer forgot to give it to me. I picked up the valves and the sealant this morning. So will give it a go later this week. Just got back from another ride...I love this bike more each ride..

Graveldragon.cc

Jan 30, 2021
Wales
I Get my Treks right from the importer. If they come tubeless, they are without the fluid (learned this the hard way) I think the thinking is that the factory doesn’t know how long the bike will sit before it’s sold and the fluid might dry out. So they ship 2 battles of fluid that (normally) the bike shop will use to fill up the tiers before it’s sold.
Slash 8 and Rail 9.8 came this way I think. A Fuel ex 7 came with tubes, but I just took them out and poured in some sealant. Most rims seems taped from the factory

My Fuel ex 7 came W
Who is the importer can anyone buy direct? Many thanks

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles