Kenevo Gen1 New owner kenevo expert info

Cseven

May 25, 2021
Seattle
Just purchased a 2021 kenevo expert at my local bike shop. It’s being assembled right now. Does anyone have any first time ebike owner tips or anything I need to look out for?
Thanks

ScottWest

Oct 17, 2019
Oregon
Congratulations! Just ride it, it's a great bike. I find that mine requires fairly frequent headset cleaning to keep it quiet, especially if you have the drop crown on a S4 or S5 size. At some point you might look into installing a Cane Creek crown race. It's solid and has a bit of a seal on.
Look out for e-haters in your area. Haha Just sayin'

Cseven

May 25, 2021
Seattle
Congratulations! Just ride it, it's a great bike. I find that mine requires fairly frequent headset cleaning to keep it quiet, especially if you have the drop crown on a S4 or S5 size. At some point you might look into installing a Cane Creek crown race. It's solid and has a bit of a seal on.
Look out for e-haters in your area. Haha Just sayin'
I’m sure I’ll run into tons of haters but that’s okay, they’re just jealous…. Okay noted with the headset. I’ll look into the cane creek one. Thank you!

ScottWest

Oct 17, 2019
Oregon
Hey quick question, can I leave my bike charging overnight or will that charging once it hits 100% and keeps charging degrade the battery?
I wouldn't. The BMS won't allow for overcharging, but its not good practice to leave it connected over night. The day after a ride (giving the battery time to cool) I will charge the battery to about 75%. Charge to 100% the night before a ride. I try hard not to let the battery sit for more than a day or so fully charged. Allowing a battery to sit fully charged for extended periods of time will degrade it. Just my .02

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles