Levo SL New Mid powered Levo to Rival The Orbea Rise .

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA
To add on to this thread, having owned a Rise (M-LTD) and having recently sold it to switch to a full power Levo, I can share some experiences. While the Rise was a perfect bike for solo rides, it wasn't ideal for riding with others on full power eMTBs, and not really needed for rides with regular MTBs. Don't get me wrong, the Rise is a solid bike, but being "neither man nor beast" let to it not getting a lot of use from me. I find myself taking the Levo out a lot more.

Jeff McD

Aug 5, 2018
Kona, Hawaii
To add on to this thread, having owned a Rise (M-LTD) and having recently sold it to switch to a full power Levo, I can share some experiences. While the Rise was a perfect bike for solo rides, it wasn't ideal for riding with others on full power eMTBs, and not really needed for rides with regular MTBs. Don't get me wrong, the Rise is a solid bike, but being "neither man nor beast" let to it not getting a lot of use from me. I find myself taking the Levo out a lot more.
Thanks Rick, that's actually the best eval I have ever read on the superlights. You're absolutely spot on on their limitations. I am waiting for the technology to advance with solid state batteries and nano motors to the point where a 38 pound Ebike can do what a full fat levo does today. I think I am not alone.

Last edited:

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Subscriber
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
Why buy an emtb? You can no longer pedal the same way as before on a normal mtb. At least that's what I thought.

And then you end up riding an emtb with your friends with a turbo. A lighter assistant emtb can't do it.

Was the original purpose of the purchase forgotten here? Or has your physical condition gone down so that a light e-mtb is not enough or has speed blindness struck?

These are the things I think about when I read these writings.

sluette

Aug 9, 2022
Deutschland
You just have to be clear in advance about what and with whom you want to ride. I bought the Levo SL mainly to ride alone, also because I'm the only one in my area with an eBike. Nevertheless, I've ridden the SL a few times in a group with "normal" bikers and it's integrated very well. You have to limit the support quite a bit.

Losiak

Subscriber
May 26, 2022
Szczecin
I heard rumors form LBS that New SL is coming in next year March probably :)
Of course just rumors :)
Maybe Spesh is doing some last minute changes due new TQ motor for EXE and Fazua 60

Swissrider

Subscriber
Nov 1, 2018
Switzerland
I’ve got a 2018 Kenevo and have recently bought an H30 Rise, mainly to have something with much greater range than my Kenevo, which I still enjoy riding. I’ve done a few rides with folk on full fat bikes and keeping up with them depends on what power they are using. Most use trail (full Lego) most of the time, to get decent range and because Turbo is overkill most of the time. On my Rise I ride in boost most of the time and this seems to match those riding in trail on full fat EMPBs. Last week whilst in the UK I hired a Levo SL. I was impressed, it felt even more like an analogue bike than the Rise (SL was a carbon model), maybe also because it was a size small (my other bikes are mediums). Really lively and so easy to jump. TBH it didn’t feel any less powerful than my Rise, especially at lower cadence so the 35 torque and 65 torque figures for the two bikes are misleading. The cut off on the SL when one stops peddling is very abrupt and sensitive. A slight reduction on pedal pressure cuts the motor and feels like someone has put the brakes on. Otherwise, a great bike.

grock

Jul 15, 2022
I heard rumors form LBS that New SL is coming in next year March probably :)
Of course just rumors :)
Maybe Spesh is doing some last minute changes due new TQ motor for EXE and Fazua 60

Our local Specialized Experience Center (Colorado) told me "likely this Fall"

Last edited:

oettam20

Mar 3, 2021
Lugano
I was wondering if we are sure that the engine of the Levo SL my 23 will still be a Mahle? Any info about this from Specialized dealers?

militantmandy

Jan 18, 2022
Scotland
Why buy an emtb? You can no longer pedal the same way as before on a normal mtb. At least that's what I thought.

And then you end up riding an emtb with your friends with a turbo. A lighter assistant emtb can't do it.

Was the original purpose of the purchase forgotten here? Or has your physical condition gone down so that a light e-mtb is not enough or has speed blindness struck?

These are the things I think about when I read these writings.

Can't quite tell if this is a serious post. Having reduced fitness (for whatever reason) is not a prerequisite to owning an emtb.

Full fat works best for me as my ebike rides are typically done when I have limited time. That means turbo up the climbs and get in as many laps as I can. The lightweight bikes just don't climb fast enough to be worth it. I almost always ride the eeb on my own, unless I'm towing my other half. Group rides are done on the regular bike.

sluette

Aug 9, 2022
Deutschland
Some rumors found in german Pedelec Forum:

index.php

Seems to be equipped with the actual SL 1.1 Motor.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles