New Member from Nevada City California

Third-Reef

Apr 1, 2021
Switched to the dark side last week. Purchased a 2021 TREK 9.7 Rail. Selling my 2020 TREK 9.7 Fuel EX. I was concerned about going from a 29 pound 29er to a 49 pound 29er, thought it might be sluggish and cumbersome on the descents. I was wrong, the new Rail is better on the descents and climbs like the space shuttle. Definitely achieved my goal of allowing me to make more laps and keeping up with the 30 something son and his friends. I will turn 65 next month so I had found myself running a little low on go climbing on the Fuel EX. With my motocross background descents and jumping have not been a problem for me. The transition to MTB from my Honda CR250 was difficult as even the 2020 FUEL EX that is a solid trail bike seems skittery and unpredictable. The RAIL is a huge step closer to the awesome brakes, suspension and handling of the CR250. The E-bike has taken the fun factor up about 200%

033021 new rail 9-7.jpg

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Switched to the dark side last week. Purchased a 2021 TREK 9.7 Rail. The E-bike has taken the fun factor up about 200%
Welcome to the FunSide. Nice bike. Got the same. Remember to post the upgrades …cause you’re gonna upgrade eventually. ?

Careyj1

May 6, 2020
USA
Switched to the dark side last week. Purchased a 2021 TREK 9.7 Rail. Selling my 2020 TREK 9.7 Fuel EX. I was concerned about going from a 29 pound 29er to a 49 pound 29er, thought it might be sluggish and cumbersome on the descents. I was wrong, the new Rail is better on the descents and climbs like the space shuttle. Definitely achieved my goal of allowing me to make more laps and keeping up with the 30 something son and his friends. I will turn 65 next month so I had found myself running a little low on go climbing on the Fuel EX. With my motocross background descents and jumping have not been a problem for me. The transition to MTB from my Honda CR250 was difficult as even the 2020 FUEL EX that is a solid trail bike seems skittery and unpredictable. The RAIL is a huge step closer to the awesome brakes, suspension and handling of the CR250. The E-bike has taken the fun factor up about 200%

View attachment 57944
Nice. Have you ridden the Hoot trail on the Ebike?

Third-Reef

Apr 1, 2021
Rode the hoot trail last weekend. 2 laps, one with the grand daughters and one solo. sub 20 min lap solo. Smoked my best DH time with the Fuel EX. I was railing the berms but need some work to be able to huck the kickers.

Third-Reef

Apr 1, 2021
I swapped the 35mm carbon OneUp bars and half waffle grips over from my Fuel. These bars are super light and designed to flex a little and save your hands

OneUp Bars.jpg

Last edited:

Careyj1

May 6, 2020
USA
Rode the hoot trail last weekend. 2 laps, one with the grand daughters and one solo. sub 20 min lap solo. Smoked my best DH time with the Fuel EX. I was railing the berms but need some work to be able to huck the kickers.
In 2019 I rode it the first time in a XC race. CA Dirt Series. I am hoping their races will have ebikes.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles