Other New Levo SL2 Alloy

johnnystorm

Jun 19, 2023
Suffolk, UK

G-Sport

Oct 7, 2022
Yorkshire
Does anyone know what the weight of the carbon frame is? The S-Works or whatever. Seems like 2.5kgs is a lot to add

G-Sport

Oct 7, 2022
Yorkshire
put some work in and do some simple math!?

how much more does the nx derailleur, shifter and cassette weigh? deduct that and the difference is the frame weight, geez, not that hard…
Again thank you for taking the time to contribute. Sadly I fail to comprehend how this super calculation would get me to the FRAME weight.
It was my intention to do a similar sum to get the difference in weight to the carbon one but to know what this is as a percentage increase is a little more challenging.

Levo-Lon

Jan 21, 2020
Uk
Been having a good look at this new alloy...5200 ...not bad

So the welds look pretty awful ,and to much like half a job..yes I know its time consuming grinding and making frame welds look good..

Weight isn't too bad considering what's been fitted to the frame.

Heavy wheels, tyres and tubes.
Heavy gearing..
So you could easily get this 20.14 kg down to 18.5 just with tyres ,tubeless and a better wheelset..maybe 18kg

I got shut of 2kg off my levo by doing this ..

18kg is a decent weight for lifting over styles and obstacles when doing XC single track stuff which is my thing..

I love the green paint finish so maybe if I go for one I'll simply a lot of high end stuff off my Specialized Epic to the SL 😉
With the carbon wheels and XO drive train xc tyres I should maybe get 17.5kg....tho that might be a rather expensive project 🤔
Cheaper to go carbon🤣🤣
Right back to my coffee and thinking 🤔
Only £5200. Hmmm maybe sell a couple of bikes 🤣🤣

It's raining so I'm exercising my brain this morning 😊

I've just weighed my 2019 levo
21.56kg and that's with pedals seat bag (Full ) lights and 2 mudguards.. So it's about 20.5 kg with pedals..

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles