New Levo SL owner from the Bay Area California

losgatosgtr

Feb 7, 2020
Los Gatos, California
Hello,

Just picked up the new specialized Levo SL and love this bike. I have the black comp carbon and plan to make several upgrades to the components to get it down to 36 pounds or so.

Was able to score 10% off which is not too shabby. Had it set up tubeless and swapped the stock tires for the DHF 2.5 WT up front and an 2.3 Aggressor in the back.

Probably going to do the Fox factory 36 fork because I like the lateral stiffness and the grip 2 damper.

Hoping that a piggyback reservoir rear shock will fit but don't know? Ideas and suggestions welcome. Had my heart on an EXT Storia but don't know if that's ridiculous on a bike like this?

Of course want to do carbon wheelset and AXS derailleur and dropper. Also thinking of running a Shimano rear cassette and chain but don't know how to go about that? Ideas and suggestions welcome. Is the superior shifting worth it.

Got passed by Levo rider today going up a decent hill and I was in turbo mode on the SL so it is definitely not superhuman power like the Levo puts out but there SL delivers only pro-rider level of assistance of 250watts. I am okay with that because it rides so friggin good everywhere else and above 20 mph cut off it feels exactly like my acoustic bike. That is a KEY differentiator not often discussed...try riding a full day Levo above 20 mph on the flats and see how you like it. It definitely puts out a higher pitch whine noise (due to the gear drive) and is louder than the standard Levo motor. The power delivered through the cadence range up to 130 RPM is worth it though.

15811126907954728522707943387956.jpg

Levo SL makes your riding sensation feel like a Pro Athlete.

Standard Levo makes your riding sensation feel super human.

The SL whips, turns, jumps, brakes and accelerates exactly like a good trail bike should. Actually it out accelerates a normal bike as the engagement is ultra-quick and cut in and cut out of the motor torque is almost imperceptible.

Very pleased so far.

Thanks and I welcome your comments and suggestions on upgrades.

Scott

seamarsh

May 7, 2019
usa
amazing looking bike congrats... serious engineering in there!

Just noticed your username... from Los Gatos and have a GTR? No wonder you have the levo sl!:) lol jk

Last edited:

Shane.T

Nov 4, 2019
Brookfield
Hi, Congratulations on the purchase, I have the Turbo Levo and slowly getting use to the different characteristics of the ebike compared to my acoustic however planning to take a SLfor a demo ride, would seriously consider changing bikes so as to improve the quickness and nimbleness going downhill, the motor noise is a bit of a concern as the brose motor noise level is brilliantly low, how do you feel about the noise level ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles