New here.

CorbyLeek

Oct 23, 2022
Doncaster
Currently don't have a EBike and looking to get my first one very soon. Riding a Marin Alpine trail at the minute and riding is anything from peaks to local trails (grenoside, wharncliffe etc)

theremotejuggernaut

Aug 2, 2022
UK
Have you looked at the Alpine Trail E models?

I'd have snapped one up if they had been in stock when I was looking. The E1 spec is amazing for the price.

I ended up with something completely different lol. Quite happy that I got something more trail oriented.

What are you looking at?

CorbyLeek

Oct 23, 2022
Doncaster
Have you looked at the Alpine Trail E models?

I'd have snapped one up if they had been in stock when I was looking. The E1 spec is amazing for the price.

I ended up with something completely different lol. Quite happy that I got something more trail oriented.

What are you looking at?
First thing I did was look at the E1 but the battery is only 500wh. My friend who does similar riding said need around 625 or more. I really like the look of the E1 and especially the E2 just the E2 slightly out ofy budget range. What did you go for?

theremotejuggernaut

Aug 2, 2022
UK
Sorry, I may have got my 1s and 2s mixed up. The E2 was what I wanted and couldn't find.

I ended up with an Orbea Rise which on paper is pretty much at the opposite end of the spectrum to the Alpine Trail.

No regrets though. I've taken it out over your way a few times in the last couple of months and it's been perfect.

A loop from Barbers Booth taking in Rushuo Edge, Roych Clough, Jacobs, the Beast, Hagg Farm and up then down Mam Tor covered 30 mils and 5500 feet of climbing. Still had 15% battery left.

Cut Gate and Winstone Lee Tor was 32 miles with 4000' of climbing and finished with 40% left.

Awesome riding and awesome scenery. On paper the Marin should be 'better' but I would swap now for love not money.

CorbyLeek

Oct 23, 2022
Doncaster
Yes the E2 is my go to bike I'm hoping it comes down a little in price soon or I just wait a little longer. What rise did you end up with then?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles