New Here

Couchy

Nov 15, 2018
Nottingham
Afternoon, on my 2nd Scott ebike a genius 730. Local to sherwood pines and ride there a fair bit. Occasional run into Derbyshire and other parts of Sherwood forest, so hello and here's a few words
I'd had my hardtail scott e-aspect for a year or so and never really used it. Time and any number of other excuses were stopping me getting out on a mtb, I was using motorbikes instead. Something changed and 3 months ago I started going to my local centre sherwood pines. I'd do the red route and then drop into the bike park and ride some gentle trails. I'm old and unfit(ish) so the bike wasn't the limiting factor. I started off on the red route doing laps of around 1 hour, a couple of trips later I was down to 52 minutes and I started thinking about full suspension to save my old body a little bit. A sale at rutland cycling saw the 730 genius ordered. This is night and day difference and the additional spec of everything has made the ride much better. My fitness is increasing and I've knocked another 10 minutes off my times round the red trail to just over 39 minutes. I use this trail as a yardstick to how well I'm doing with my riding and fitness. As I've got quicker the enjoyment has increased as the riding is now exciting. For years I've had a normal mountain bike and it didn't get used as I just wasn't fit enough and didn't have enough time to get fit, I will add I also hate going slow as it isn't what I ride for, I need an adrenalin kick to make me try, the ebikes once I'd got into it have been brilliant

I go a few times a week to sherwood pines, normally on my own but of anyone is around shout out

Last edited:

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Hi Couchy, Pines is also my local trail. I prefer to ride off-piste as much as possible just using the best bits of the red and blue and to get around to different parts of the forest. My eBike is on order, so I'm still on my clockwork bike until it arrives. As you can see from my photo I have more than a few grey hairs. My knees are holding me back a bit (hence the eBike order), but I'm still reasonably quick. I haven't tried a fast lap of the red for a few years but on a 26er FS I did it in 43 mins (ie me, not pedal assisted). I think the trail has changed since then though. At around that time, the lycra-clad super fit 19-year olds on their carbon hardtail 29ers were doing it in 35 mins.

I'm retired so I can ride any day of the week. If that appeals to you, send me a message in Conversations and we can get in touch.

Couchy

Nov 15, 2018
Nottingham
Steve, I’ll let you know when I next go up. I’m semi retired so have some spare time and usually go mid week. I’m slowly learning the ropes with riding and finding way round Pines ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles