New Haibike Feb 2021

CZMATE99

Feb 24, 2021
Sevenoaks
That’s the same shop I bought my Cube & Haibike from, but the York branch. They have plenty of stock of Haibikes coming in over the next few months and the York shop is filled floor to ceiling with bikes. All other bike shops I’ve been to are empty and are quoting late summer before seeing any stock
Just contacted them and while they have cube bikes in (touring, nature and Kathmandu’s) they have no idea when they might get a reaction pro in :(

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Just contacted them and while they have cube bikes in (touring, nature and Kathmandu’s) they have no idea when they might get a reaction pro in :(

Shame. What about the Haibike HardSeven 7 ? Similar spec & cost but Yamaha motor rather than Bosch. Heard nothing but good things about the Yamaha too

CZMATE99

Feb 24, 2021
Sevenoaks
Shame. What about the Haibike HardSeven 7 ? Similar spec & cost but Yamaha motor rather than Bosch. Heard nothing but good things about the Yamaha too
Really want 29 inch wheels. I have used the yamaha, it’s a good reliable set-up. But from what I have found out the Bosch gen4 they seem to deliver a lot of grunt... it’s all a bit mute as the shortage in supply is means my options are really limited...

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Really want 29 inch wheels. I have used the yamaha, it’s a good reliable set-up. But from what I have found out the Bosch gen4 they seem to deliver a lot of grunt... it’s all a bit mute as the shortage in supply is means my options are really limited...

Fair enough, best to get what you want then rather than make do with second choice

My analog mtb’s are 26” wheels so climbing the saddle on my first set of 29s felt a bit like riding a Penny Farthing! They’re certainly fast & comfortable, but I do miss the flickability of the smaller wheels. The AllMtn 4 I have just ordered comes with a mullet set up 29/27.5 so I’m hoping I’ll get the manoeuvrability of the slightly smaller wheel on the rear end with the benefits of the 29 up front

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
You can buy the bottle cage mounts for about 10 quid IIRC and then put your own cage on (though good luck finding any in stock)

Fidlock also do a kit for the MRS

Screenshot 2021-02-26 at 10.46.01.png

SteakPie

Feb 19, 2021
UK
You can buy the bottle cage mounts for about 10 quid IIRC and then put your own cage on (though good luck finding any in stock)

Fidlock also do a kit for the MRS

View attachment 54143
Thanks very much....??

SteakPie

Feb 19, 2021
UK
Thanks to all for your help. Now who’s going to go the final mile and fit it for me.?

Form an orde queue.....One at a time ?

#slicesteakpieonoffer

Sidepod

Sep 2, 2020
Oxford
That’s a shame. Such fantastic tech , the harmonic drive system in that motor is pure genius, invented in 1957 I believe.

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Lovely kit. Do love Ohlins suspension. £9k though, sharp intake of breath.

I know right, costs more than my motorbike! It does have a lot of ‘bling’ to it though and imagine it’ll sell pretty quick

It’d be nice to see a bike given to Sam Pilgrim / Rob / EMBN etc and see what they make of it. In fact, just let Sam shred it to pieces

Sidepod

Sep 2, 2020
Oxford
Indeed. Bought a new KTM 690 Supermoto this time last year. £7500 OTR.
Haibike deffo have good build quality.

Thing is though, there is virtually nothing to choose between bikes at the moment. Apart from the motor they all use the same suspension(s), they all have the same geometry give or take half a degree etc. Blindfolded could you really tell the difference?

JC1982

Feb 6, 2021
South Wales
Yeah does look the part, but when you look the best part 4k on top of the All Mtn 7. What benefits other than a better dropper and costing you more to replace parts, are you actually getting?

I don't have any experience with Ohlins or the Asx range but is it worth 4k to the riding experience.

In saying that the front end looks wicked without all the cables.

Sidepod

Sep 2, 2020
Oxford
I think the whole thing at the moment is a bit odd. Manufacturers can only differentiate between models by what off the shelf components they bolt on. Even the low end models come with similar motor/batteries so where is the advantage?
Buy low end and upgrade to your own choice over time.

I think there needs to be a lot more available in motor options, like cars, different power options on the same model. Also the base bike (chassis) needs to give us more options, lighter/stiffer/geometry.

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
I think the whole thing at the moment is a bit odd. Manufacturers can only differentiate between models by what off the shelf components they bolt on. Even the low end models come with similar motor/batteries so where is the advantage?

I think there needs to be a lot more available in motor options, like cars, different power options on the same model. Also the base bike (chassis) needs to give us more options, lighter/stiffer/geometry.

I suppose it is a bit like buying cars but with the same engine & chassis

Take the humble BMW 320 for instance. You can get the 2.0ltr SE base model for £35k, or go full bling with the M Sport Pro package, technology pack, driver assistance pack etc etc and spend over £45k on the same engine & same chassis car but you get all the latest tech & luxury touches

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
There are actually far more motor options that is immediately apparent, its just that most big brands go with the major players because the Likes of Bosch, Yamaha, Shimano etc have the supply chains, warranty systems etc that can be relied upon (in normal times). They also provide on shop solutions for full systems of battery /motor/controller etc.

sunstoner

Aug 2, 2020
Nottinghamshire

I guess thats what Haibike tried to do with their Flyon, it being used in their upper flagship models but that seems to have fallen by the wayside for the time being.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles