New ebiker

Lee c

Jan 31, 2022
Uk
Hi guys I’m Lee, from the north east of England I’m looking to get into ebikes after riding mountain bikes for years, not a lot in stock currently but looking at a new focus sam2 6.8 . Looks like a great spec and within budget haven’t tried it yet but hoping to hop on one this weekend and decide if I want it , any newbie buying advice more than. Welcome 🤗

Chris ledger

Aug 17, 2021
Rotherham
Whatever you buy you will love it yes theres not a lot about but dont rush in and buy the 1st bike you see do your homework decide on the spec and motor package then pull the trigger👍👍

Lee c

Jan 31, 2022
Uk
Thanks Chris I’m trying my best not to rush in, looking at the sam2 it comes with the zeb r which has no low speed adjustment, on my current pike ultimate I did have to use the lsp as ride it without tokens and it was too divey, will this be an issue on the zeb r? Or is it factory tuned with more compression based on the heavier weigh of ebikes ?

Chris ledger

Aug 17, 2021
Rotherham
Im no expert at all on that im waiting for a bike i ordered back in sep it too has the base zeb forks but the new bike will be a big step up in spec my 1st bike had yari forks i picked a bike which had what i think is the best bike for my budget hope it lives up to the wait

Lee c

Jan 31, 2022
Uk
Im no expert at all on that im waiting for a bike i ordered back in sep it too has the base zeb forks but the new bike will be a big step up in spec my 1st bike had yari forks i picked a bike which had what i think is the best bike for my budget hope it lives up to the wait
Fingers crossed it works well for you mate, I’m sure it will do, tbh up until recently lsp was something I hadn’t played around with, but since messing around with removing tokens it was really needed, I suppose the other option would be to just run it with tokens and then I probably shouldn’t need it?? Interested to hear from anyone who has one

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles