New e bike with bosch motor....

d4voh

Oct 7, 2020
Lincoln UK
Hi

I'm looking for another e mountain bike with the bosch motor after having one a few years ago.

I'm looking for something with a 750watt battery that's removable for charging.

I'm thinking either cube or whyte. I prefer the look of the cube but liking the slacker look of the whyte, the e180smx for example. I have looked at the cube 160 hpc actionteam.

Some owner feedback would be great.

Thanks

Cell4soul

E*POWAH Master
Jul 11, 2022
Mesa, AZ
Hi

I'm looking for another e mountain bike with the bosch motor after having one a few years ago.

I'm looking for something with a 750watt battery that's removable for charging.

I'm thinking either cube or whyte. I prefer the look of the cube but liking the slacker look of the whyte, the e180smx for example. I have looked at the cube 160 hpc actionteam.

Some owner feedback would be great.

Thanks
As another has said, what about the Trek Rail. My buddy loves his bike. There are several on sale right now too. Trek will never go out of business if you are worried about that.

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
It seems like Trek might also be in trouble now!
Judging from the below link Trek is adapting to changing market conditions, do you know any more than this?

Bummers

Mar 12, 2022
UK
As a 2022 cube 160 action team owner (gen 4 85nm Bosch motor, smart system, 750 battery) I've got nothing but good things to say about it. The only thing I'd prefer is a slacker head angle but that's a more personal want.

DieBoy

Jul 14, 2023
EU
I believe pretty much all bike manufacturers and retailers are having difficulty at the moment with too much inventory and resultant depressed prices.

How many companies this will bring to their knees remains to be seen.

DieBoy

Jul 14, 2023
EU
I am pretty damn happy with my Cube (Bosch gen 4 system). No problems with quality, and plenty of bangs for the buck (I had a limited budget).

Now is a good time price-wise to be buying a new bike (see my previous comment) though shop around for a good deal and go for a manufacturer (bike and motor) that's likely to weather the current bike-market storm.

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
I would very much consider a Radon, they look like strong value, well thought out bikes to me but can't see any way round the stupid Brexit import stupidness if you live in the UK.

Lee c

Jan 31, 2022
Uk
No. The bankruptcy thing where mostly online bike and parts dealers all owned by an Austrian investor.

Of the ten largest bike manufacturers worldwide Cube is no 5 by revenue. In 2022 they had just over 1 billion EUR revenue and they are family owned.
Wow thats a detailed reply, do you work for cube ? I didn’t realise cube were that strong in the market tbh !

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles