New decoy arrived! A few questions?

butthead

Dec 10, 2019
Stafford
My new decoy base arrived today - yay! No accessories box yet though, so no charger etc but hopefully that will come soon.

A few questions, although may be in the instructions when they come:

- I noticed foam under the cover at the base of the bike, does this stay in or need to be taken out?

- I can't seem to find the size or serial number of the bike? I'd like to check that it's actually a large (although it looks the right size)

- The levers are the "wrong" way round and the cables/hoses are crazy long. How easy is it shorten the SRAM code hoses and seat post cable?

- I'll be putting some invisiframe on this week, but any tips on where to add tape/protection around cables and motor to prevent water ingress?

Thanks

Pabs

Jul 27, 2019
London
I can't answer everything, hopefully someone else will chime in but:

Leave the Foam

Levers are ambidextrous so can be swapped one side to the other, brake hose shortening will require a bleed, hence why I've only done my dropper and shifter cables so far :)

Congrats (y)

butthead

Dec 10, 2019
Stafford
I can't answer everything, hopefully someone else will chime in but:

Leave the Foam

Levers are ambidextrous so can be swapped one side to the other, brake hose shortening will require a bleed, hence why I've only done my dropper and shifter cables so far :)

Congrats (y)

Thanks, I've swapped the levers around, and ideally would like to shorten the hoses. I can't really be bothered with bleeding etc tho and would rather go riding but unfortunately no charger cable yet!

The dropper cable should be relatively easy so I'll do that once I've sorted seat height. Need to invisiframe first tho, and that looks like an epic battle.

Aldy1

Aug 10, 2019
Northumberland
Brake lines are easy to shorten but you'll have to buy the Sram stealth a majig bard and olive which they use on the rear brake, if you use Std barb & olive the brake lever will go solid.

As above leave the foam in place but even few weeks I remove the cover and clean the mud out.

Dec 15, 2019
Riga, Latvia
Brake hoses can be shortened WITHOUT any bleed! I take off those useless Codes from my Decoy and put Saints, shorten hoses and no bleeding was required! Only for Sram you need new needle and olive.

Hasse Birkmose

Jul 19, 2019
Denmark
Invisiframe Kits are for the full carbon versions only. I used i anyway and it was at marathon off 5 hours and the result is not so satisfying. On the base model the rearframe is alu so the kit does not fit. Be warned ?

Reactions: eia

filotnie

Aug 11, 2019
Frankfurt - SW London
Invisiframe Kits are for the full carbon versions only. I used i anyway and it was at marathon off 5 hours and the result is not so satisfying. On the base model the rearframe is alu so the kit does not fit. Be warned ?

They are not.. Invisiframe is offering both Decoy Pro Race and Decoy Base versions.
I am about to buy one but I would like to ask other users how they are happy with it? It is a lot of $$ and probably not that easy to apply.. any hints?
BTW: shall I take mat or glossy one?
do you have any pictures?

Mxsled

Dec 16, 2019
Canada
They are not.. Invisiframe is offering both Decoy Pro Race and Decoy Base versions.
I am about to buy one but I would like to ask other users how they are happy with it? It is a lot of $$ and probably not that easy to apply.. any hints?

Mine is gloss

IMG_20200105_131750.jpg

IMG_20200105_130729.jpg

IMG_20191207_125651.jpg

butthead

Dec 10, 2019
Stafford
I did mine in matte and it looks great and covers pretty much all areas. It took ages to do though, so give yourself plenty of time (and water!). It took me about 4-5 hours and I've done 2 other frames before. There are far more pieces for the Decoy though, I think that's why its more expensive.

butthead

Dec 10, 2019
Stafford
I like it a lot! We even ride the same flats.. my Duck is Base though.. I would love to see yet one in matt.. :) anybody?
I've also got the Base model, unfortunately having to send the rear shock to SRAM for warranty replacement after the rebound stopped working only 2 rides in. Also the Yari is taking some meddling to get right. Otherwise it is awesome to ride, but on reflection wish I'd gone a model up due to the suspension.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles