New Boy here! Just got this secondhand from a LBS, Cube Reaction Pro 625.

Oct 23, 2020
Sussex UK
I've been out on it a couple of times now, great to have some assistance on the hills. I'll be doing a bit of mild MTBing, nothing radical. I've ordered Cube mudguards and a Cube rack, the side stand is off at the moment but it might go back on with these bits over the winter. If the mudguards clog up off road I might have to have a rethink though! It had a clicky headset but I've slackened everything off and adjusted it and it seems okay now.
cube reaction pro 625.jpg

Last edited:

Trip Hazard

Oct 23, 2020
Tyne and Wear
Smart ?. Just received mine yesterday In black and grey. Hopefully get to try it out tomorrow ?

Don‘t suppose you know where the serial numbers can be found. I cant find them anywhere ?‍♂️

Last edited:

Trig

Sep 23, 2020
Scotland
Check the underside of the top tube, think thats where i noticed my sticker. I'll check tommorow and post back.

A clicky headset, or creaky? Mine started to creak a bit, gave it a squirt of lubricant and it stopped it.

Oct 23, 2020
Sussex UK
It was clicky/creaky! I also took a headset spacer off to bring the bars down a little bit. Fingers crossed I've sorted it. If not it will have to come completely apart.

Trig

Sep 23, 2020
Scotland
Mine (hybrid reaction pro also) started to creak after 100 miles or so. Not sure what kind of maintenance is required on headsets,or how often, but a spray of gt85 into any of the gaps i could find stopped it straight away, so may be worth a shot.

Trip Hazard

Oct 23, 2020
Tyne and Wear
Check the underside of the top tube, think thats where i noticed my sticker. I'll check tommorow and post back.

A clicky headset, or creaky? Mine started to creak a bit, gave it a squirt of lubricant and it stopped it.
Found the sticker there thanks ?. Been looking for a number stamped in the frame ?

Oct 23, 2020
Sussex UK
Todays news:

- the bike is called Nellie, it's large and grey
- visited the Post office on Nellie, normally drive as it's uphill on the way back all the way, environment saved!
- discovered a port for charging the battery on the bike, who knew?
- fettled headset no longer clicks or creaks
- eying up saddles and grips, don't know why really, stock ones are fine, there, just talked myself out of that

Trip Hazard

Oct 23, 2020
Tyne and Wear
Todays news:

- the bike is called Nellie, it's large and grey
- visited the Post office on Nellie, normally drive as it's uphill on the way back all the way, environment saved!
- discovered a port for charging the battery on the bike, who knew?
- fettled headset no longer clicks or creaks
- eying up saddles and grips, don't know why really, stock ones are fine, there, just talked myself out of that
?
I was also looking at grips but found the ones that are on fine, so will wear them out first. The saddle isnt as comfortable as it looks but I’ll get used to it ?. I wasn’t expecting much from the forks but to be honest I thought they were also fine today and should be ok for what I use the bike for.

borisbike

Oct 17, 2020
Yorkshire
Mine (hybrid reaction pro also) started to creak after 100 miles or so. Not sure what kind of maintenance is required on headsets,or how often, but a spray of gt85 into any of the gaps i could find stopped it straight away, so may be worth a shot.

What you may find is that spraying such a light lube as GT85 will make it worse long term as it is likely to 'wash' any grease away, leaving the bearing/headset area prone to water ingress and rust etc

Trig

Sep 23, 2020
Scotland
What you may find is that spraying such a light lube as GT85 will make it worse long term as it is likely to 'wash' any grease away, leaving the bearing/headset area prone to water ingress and rust etc

Thanks for that. I'll need to have a look at taking it apart and greasing it properly then, hopefully that's all that's required.

Giff

Subscriber
Oct 14, 2019
Cheshire UK
I have a Cube Reaction Pro 2020. I did have trouble with the headset bearings and found they were just a loose in a cages and not sealed. During last winter they failed completely and when my LBS dropped the forks a pile of rusty BB's fell out. They replaced it with sealed bearings top and bottom and no trouble since.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles