New Booster Battery system compatible with all major motor brands

TrailwattsUK

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Trader
Aug 27, 2018
Kent
I ordered one over a fortnight ago. Liked the design, size (250w) and the fact that it, apparently, plugs into the charging point on a Focus Jam2 as the TEC battery does.

Email from company saying "Order being processed" and money taken immediately.

Heard nothing since despite further e-mail from me.

Bit shoddy by today's standards but this seems to be a general battery producing company rather than a bike specific, parts supplying, retail organisation so hoping more a case of inefficiency rather than dodgy website.

Italian commerce moves at a different pace to UK standards.
I hope you receive it and review it?

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Unless I'm mistaken, Trailwatts don't have a Shimano compatible system yet.

Peaky Rider

E*POWAH Master
Feb 9, 2019
Derbyshire Dales
Unless I'm mistaken, Trailwatts don't have a Shimano compatible system yet.

Exactly Doomanic and I just wanted something a little lighter than the three kilo TEC battery I carried round with me when I did the off piste Cannock Chase ride with you back in April.

Plus, the EBooZ one I've ordered is a lovely shade of blue to match my Focus, :D if it ever turns up.

Last edited:

Dewi

Jan 9, 2019
Melbourne
Exactly Doomanic and I just wanted something a little lighter than the three kilo TEC battery I carried round with me when I did the off piste Cannock Chase ride with you back in April.

Plus, the EBooZ one I've ordered is a lovely shade of blue to match my Focus, :D if it ever turns up.
Turn up yet?
I'm keen for something to extend my sight VLT. Mate is carrying two 500w batteries on his Merida so my 630w non removable battery is no longer letting me do as many runs.

Anyone point me in the direction of a proven shimano boosted aftermarket system?

Peaky Rider

E*POWAH Master
Feb 9, 2019
Derbyshire Dales
Turn up yet?
I'm keen for something to extend my sight VLT. Mate is carrying two 500w batteries on his Merida so my 630w non removable battery is no longer letting me do as many runs.

Anyone point me in the direction of a proven shimano boosted aftermarket system?

My e-BooZ 250wh battery extender actually turned up yesterday, but thanks to a mixture of poor packaging and an overland journey from Italy to England, it managed to turn up damaged. The bottom end cover (plastic) is split.

The company is posting me a new end cover rather than me returning the whole unit (my suggestion) but I have taped up the split for now as I am off to Ladybower (popular and demanding mtbing location) today which should be a good test.

I have a Focus so the extender simply plugs in to the TEC battery socket, not sure how it would connect on your Norco.

Peaky Rider

E*POWAH Master
Feb 9, 2019
Derbyshire Dales
e-BooZ used twice now.

Unit looks quite smart, even matches the blue of my Focus. The connecting cable is a bit pants though and I may well have a go at making my own.

The unit itself does exactly what I wanted, it gives me another ten to fifteen miles with a weight penalty of just one kilo.

When I go out with a group on Saturday mornings, I never know if I'll be doing 25 miles or 40, with 2000 or 3000 feet of climbing. My Focus Jam2, with its 378wh battery, is really only good for 25 miles max and the TEC pack battery, which I have, is a bulky and hefty unit, great for mega rides such as Cut Gate + Ladybower, but a bit overkill for more local rides.

The e-BooZ goes in the bottle cage when in use and in my back pack when not. It is no bigger than and weighs no more than a full drinks bottle and has resulted in range anxiety, without an excessive weight penalty, being a thing of the past.

I did get the impression that this product is a new development and the company definitely needs to review its packaging standards, but so far, I am pretty happy with it.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
e-BooZ used twice now.

Unit looks quite smart, even matches the blue of my Focus. The connecting cable is a bit pants though and I may well have a go at making my own.

The unit itself does exactly what I wanted, it gives me another ten to fifteen miles with a weight penalty of just one kilo.

When I go out with a group on Saturday mornings, I never know if I'll be doing 25 miles or 40, with 2000 or 3000 feet of climbing. My Focus Jam2, with its 378wh battery, is really only good for 25 miles max and the TEC pack battery, which I have, is a bulky and hefty unit, great for mega rides such as Cut Gate + Ladybower, but a bit overkill for more local rides.

The e-BooZ goes in the bottle cage when in use and in my back pack when not. It is no bigger than and weighs no more than a full drinks bottle and has resulted in range anxiety, without an excessive weight penalty, being a thing of the past.

I did get the impression that this product is a new development and the company definitely needs to review its packaging standards, but so far, I am pretty happy with it.
can you post up some pics?

Peaky Rider

E*POWAH Master
Feb 9, 2019
Derbyshire Dales
can you post up some pics?

Just knew someone would ask this.

No idea how to post pics but will take some in daylight tomorrow and have a go. In the meantime, here is their website.

e-Booz Battery Range Extender da 36V 7Ah 250Wh

I also believe 'Trailwatts' is developing something similar which probably won't come bashed up in the post as mine did from e-BooZ.

TrailwattsUK

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Trader
Aug 27, 2018
Kent
Just knew someone would ask this.

No idea how to post pics but will take some in daylight tomorrow and have a go. In the meantime, here is their website.

e-Booz Battery Range Extender da 36V 7Ah 250Wh

I also believe 'Trailwatts' is developing something similar which probably won't come bashed up in the post as mine did from e-BooZ.

I have 3 current projects including Bosch, focus and orbea+bianchi eroad.

Primarily Bosch is further along than focus setup but I am awaiting the TEC pack to check outputs?

TrailwattsUK

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Trader
Aug 27, 2018
Kent
No plans for Shimano in the immediate future then?
There are details for most brands but I can only do so much testing aside manufacturing and sales.
I hope that as autumn approaches it will allow me increased time for testing and designing.

Krgolob

Jul 15, 2019
Slovenia
Is it possible to add booster when your primary battery is almost dead? If you do, what will happen? I would like to use it as last reserve, like a gas canister in a car on a long journey.

Trailwatts website: “You cannot use the Booster system without the Specialized battery, therefore do not use a nearly empty Specialized battery with a fully charged Booster battery.”

Peaky Rider

E*POWAH Master
Feb 9, 2019
Derbyshire Dales
Is it possible to add booster when your primary battery is almost dead? If you do, what will happen? I would like to use it as last reserve, like a gas canister in a car on a long journey.

Trailwatts website: “You cannot use the Booster system without the Specialized battery, therefore do not use a nearly empty Specialized battery with a fully charged Booster battery.”

Good question and even though I have an 'e-BooZ range adjuster' I cannot answer it, as very little in the way of information came with it.

I have only used it once and I did use it from the start of my ride. It seems to work with/through the main battery whereas the Focus TEC battery operates totally independently of the main battery.

The weather has been lousy here in Derbyshire this last few days and, as a result, I haven't been able to experiment with it yet.

Reactions: S D

Witte300

May 13, 2018
Belgium
So you want to have it with you but only want to activate it as a last resort?
I’m using it always, every ride.
This way the batteries are most of the time +20% before i recharge them, as i understand this is “better” for the lifespan instead of draining them completely.
To me, this is an extra benefit.

Ronald B

Jul 13, 2019
Netherlands
Hi all,

What would happen if you used the charging port of the batterie to hook up a spare lipo or li-ion battery when you run out of power? the spare battery of course 36V.
Its a Scott with Shimano E8020.
Thanx Ron

TrailwattsUK

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Trader
Aug 27, 2018
Kent
Hi all,

What would happen if you used the charging port of the batterie to hook up a spare lipo or li-ion battery when you run out of power? the spare battery of course 36V.
Its a Scott with Shimano E8020.
Thanx Ron

Hi Ron, without the correct input signals for communication to the motor and main battery you are likely to damage your bikes electronics. I don’t advise anyone to just plug in a battery into charge port.
Without testing the required signal or input communication you can do some pretty interesting damage. I have repaired a few ebikes with people doing just as you suggest.

Pukmeister

Jul 18, 2019
Fareham
Can't see anything for my Giant, I guess I should just carry my smart charger and battery key on long rides and find a pub when my battery gets below 20%.

Apr 25, 2019
Perth Western Australia
Turn up yet?

Haven't seen one but curious to know how long/far/elev it takes you to use up the 630 on the VLT. I hardly use boost but have never got near running out on my VLT. I'm not heavy at circa 68-70kg kitted up, so that probably helps.

Dewi

Jan 9, 2019
Melbourne
Haven't seen one but curious to know how long/far/elev it takes you to use up the 630 on the VLT. I hardly use boost but have never got near running out on my VLT. I'm not heavy at circa 68-70kg kitted up, so that probably helps.
Yes weight makes a big difference, I'm 20kg more than you.
Biggest ride was 1700mtrs and 75kms being VERY conservative on eco, trail for a few pinches, no boost. But I do a lot of self shutting local DH trails so only get 1/2 a day of shutting, would like more and would like to be able to do some bigger epic rides. Not being able to remove the battery sounded ok at first....

Peaky Rider

E*POWAH Master
Feb 9, 2019
Derbyshire Dales
I have a a couple of requests for pictures of the e-BooZ fitted to my Focus so here they are.
The first is just show the bottle cage attached directly to the bike. I didn't use the adaptor plate that came with the TEC pack.
I did modify the bottle cage (plastic) to allow the battery canister to sit flush and more securely. I also used a re-usable zip tie to hold the battery canister firmly in place.

IMG_0874.JPG
IMG_0876.JPG
IMG_0880.JPG

nepper

Oct 5, 2019
Finland
How much 250 wh eBooz pack weights? I'm thinking about getting one and a good bottle cage that is strong enough to withstand impacts. Focus bottle cage mount should endure a lot of beating so that's not worrying.

Jam2rider68

Sep 24, 2019
Tewkesbury
How much 250 wh eBooz pack weights? I'm thinking about getting one and a good bottle cage that is strong enough to withstand impacts. Focus bottle cage mount should endure a lot of beating so that's not worrying.
According to e Booz they recommend elite metal cages as they found these very tough. Got mine on ready for battery arrival ??

99FA3E49-AFE2-48CC-88FC-7EB5CBBBD49C.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles